Stag Do

My stag do is coming up soon which means there will be plenty of alcohol involved. I haven't been drunk since I got HPPD last year. What are other people's experiences with alcohol and their HPPD? I am concerned that it might make it worse. It will be a one off few beers but I'm still worried about it since it is still a dangerous drug at the end of the day.

I've drank alot since hppd.... It makes me feel pretty good at the time, gets rid of my anxiety and makes me have fun again... I feel like my pre-hppd self....

The next day is hell though, massive anxiety. My recomendation is to get a benzo for the hangover.

Have a good time on your stag do though.... I don't remember much us mine and woke up in a skip :D

Thanks I'm sure it will be a laugh. I have heard from another post that hangovers suck with HPPD so I will just book the following day off work and take it really easy. I don't have any access to benzos unfortunately so I will just have to suffer it with a few paracetamols and a greasy fry up. My friends that are HPPD-free will suffer equally I am sure lol. Wow woke up in a skip? That must of been one hell of a night lol. The scene will always be missing. I think it might be a good idea to go and see my GP before hand and ask for a blood test to make sure there is nothing else going on because I feel very tired and weak all the time at the moment. Last thing I want is to end up in the back of an ambulance due to intoxication again, they will start knowing my face. My main fear is that I will go into a major derealization episode when I am drunk and end up in a psychotic state. Fingers crossed this won't happen. Alcohol mainly affects GABA and Glutamate so it should be ok as long as nobody drops an E in my drink!