Stress causes "brainfog" ? (games)

Hello

Lately Ive been playing some games again, just felt like it.

games like League of legends and all, games that can give you alot of stress and can frustrate you.

I used to play alot of LoL before I got HPPD and was under stress nearly every day by it,  but it dint do anything bad for me back then.

But if I Stress at the game now I get a pressured feeling in my head like you just cant relax anymore it takes quite along time to get it to go away.

This really bothers me because I wont be able to play games if i have this ( I know i could just worry less about the games im playing but that is a hard thing to do for me.)

Is this brainfog? I only get it when im extremely focussed or if im under very hard stress (or anger)

Thanks for reading.

• Upvote 1

I have this too. In particular it strikes whenever I try to play blitz chess or read text on a computer screen for more than a few minutes at the time.

Seems that HPPD may lower stress threshold, especially when it comes to activities that demand rapid visual and mental processing. When past a certain point the body starts excreting stress hormones like cortisol, which gives you brain fog, high blood pressure, etc.

I think you have to just accept your current limitations and move on in life. Replace old hobbies with new ones that are easier on the brain. Exercise and outdoor activities are really great! Since I got HPPD I have started cycling and roller skiing. Next up I am looking to get into swimming. Get out there and discover something you love doing.

The good news is that, at least in my case, the stress seems to diminish after a while. Especially as you learn how to manage and what to avoid.

I have this too. In particular it strikes whenever I try to play blitz chess or read text on a computer screen for more than a few minutes at the time.

Seems that HPPD may lower stress threshold, especially when it comes to activities that demand rapid visual and mental processing. When past a certain point the body starts excreting stress hormones like cortisol, which gives you brain fog, high blood pressure, etc.

I think you have to just accept your current limitations and move on in life. Replace old hobbies with new ones that are easier on the brain. Exercise and outdoor activities are really great! Since I got HPPD I have started cycling and roller skiing. Next up I am looking to get into swimming. Get out there and discover something you love doing.

The good news is that, at least in my case, the stress seems to diminish after a while. Especially as you learn how to manage and what to avoid.

Yeah I should really find something new, Im still looking for it but its quite hard.

I also might  think that i got it because I was having  anxiety when i was playing games so maybe the combined stress from the game + anxiety got too much.

When i was like 2 months into HPPD I had the same as you, I could not do anything it was so bad,

then it got so much less

probably my blood pressure was very high that time because I had hyperventilation.

Thanks for the reply mate