Trying add meds and its kinda working.

When i had my onset i got an add diagnose by the doc. The HPPD was confirmed much later and the also the real issue. However, since keppra and clonazepam o started sinemet like 2012 (?) and it really changed my life. I basiacally wnt from being a functional veggie to a point living person again. However, as I got better i started to do more stuff. Work and study hard and while i was able to become functional again the last years, the feeling of "being" from sinemet has faded. I strongly believe this is attributed to stress. Stress deplete dopamine and voila, back in limbo.

So know when I am writing my theisis i basically crashed. There was just too much stress and i couldnt do anything. I remembered the ADD diagnose and that i tried concerta for that which is an amphetamine derivate of some sort. At that time it was a major problem because it amped my HPPD ten folds. However since then i have been on keppra. Another member, 415_style who i had some contact with since we come from the same country, said that he could take concerta (i guess adderall would be similar) only when on keppra or some other anti seizure med. He said then that he felt great and everything was fine, never heard from him again (tried to contact him by pm).

So, i gave it a try and its really amazing what it does. I been calling my family and friends and crying about all the lost years and the burden i felt i have been. Its like everthing is back in place. Today when i am writing this I am out of my med, only got one jar from the doc. and she went on vacation. I feel so depressed of being back to the same state as before the med. I just wanna go to bed and wait for the appointment to get more.

Dopamine meds have been discussed to a great extent and a lot of people here say the same thing, stimulants, can make the HPPD better while taking it but much worse when it leaves the system. To me I feel great but only because of keppra. Dont know if this is because keppra inhibits the dopamine firing like crazy.

What kinda scares me a bit is that some people on VS-sites report that they got it from ADD/ADHD meds. At the same time some people on ADD/ADHD boards say they get visual snow and tinnitus while on the med but not off. That would be a transient effect. The key word here is "some" as in anecdotal.

Anyway, i feel like i need to keep taking this for a while. Except the HPPD it helps me organize myself. Even if it isnt a long term solution, i now what is and that is to not put myself in stress. That is easier said then done with ADD.

Just upped the dose, i feel so much more energetic and my visual response is faster. So Quick. That means that I am looking at something and look at something else and there is no delay and with that no after images. Depth perception is much more improved. I can see the depth of the sky, no 'roof'.

A little bit nervousity yes, but i had that on the initial dose and it faded. Visual snow is pretty much gone even under stress.

The real improvement is the dissociation, its almost gone. Still have a lack of libido.

Just to be clear, I am taking Keppra an clonazepam and that could probably help any side fx

Wow that's great to hear! I've been really of put about the idea of trying them because I was worried that they may make it worse. Considering that my concentration is shit, I can read a magazine article but fuck books, I'll talk to my doctor about it. 

Considering that you are also taking keppra, which do you think has helped you the most in regards to your brain fog? Lamictal has taking out the majority of my visuals, prazosin has hit the anxiety but I dumber than a pigeon. :P

Still have a lack of libido.

Are you depressed at all? Depression can definitely cause this, even if it is mild. I would imagine stress in general would also cause this.

Caffein works with My concerta, i actually Linda likes it. Also can drin alcohol again. Anyway, i am still on Sinemet and i need to get off that as soon as I have reached a steady dose. Of course because of the risks of taking two dopaminergic drugs but also to see if I can use concerta on its own. I am leveling out on My dose at 27mg. It takes about a week. Perhaps I will increase it if the effect keeps fading. I still wanna make clear that i use leviteracetam that inhibits excation of neurons in general so just taking concerta might be a bit of a bitch to some (for me it wasnt possible at the onset pre-keppra

An update: Concerta works great and it seems it has to do with the attention. The right dose will keep me focused and I do not get overwhelmed vith inputs. I guess. I also got to try an amphetamine med (as prescribed) but mainly gives me energy and doesnt really help my HPPD releated issues. Well, in one way it does but....yeah.