Valdoxan the SSRI alternative

Has anyone tried this medcine called Valdoxan? what effects and side effects did you entcounter?

Just got it prescribed to help reduce the axneixty.

Did some research on it and it's seems to work like an SSRI, but doesn't have the side effects of the SSRI's.

Today is my second night on it, and I feel little bit calmer, but always sleepy like SSRI's did to me. But no visuals increased!

It can be dangerous, but if you monitor your liver on a monthly basis you should be okay, plus if it does what an SSRI does without the side effects it's perfect.

In my case it has helped me calm down so much and got a lot of relief from anexity no more OCD, and I sleep like a baby!

Glad it helped you to reduce your anxiety GuyinDubai. Seems like you are doing well !

Hi Neffbull, you know I had OCD (mild) before my HPPD-like, it comes and goes, but in my case I know it is all about anxiety. Maybe it's different for GuyinDubai.

Did your OCD start before or after you developed HPPD? I didn't have it until after and have been wondering if there is a link between the two.

No i developed my OCD after getting HPPD.. I didn't have those problems prior to hppd, they are linked because hppd is about flashbacks.. you keep thinking of the past etc.. so if you keep thinking alot you develop OCD i assume.. in my case my brain wouldn't shut of previously.. but now the thinking is gone i don't notice myself doing that at all anymore

Glad it helped you to reduce your anxiety GuyinDubai. Seems like you are doing well !

Hi Neffbull, you know I had OCD (mild) before my HPPD-like, it comes and goes, but in my case I know it is all about anxiety. Maybe it's different for GuyinDubai.

Thank you, its helping with everything, except I cant wake up properly because it makes me over sleep...

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2016 at 0:44 PM, neffbull said:

Did your OCD start before or after you developed HPPD? I didn't have it until after and have been wondering if there is a link between the two.

Thats so interesting because the ONE thing that seemed positive from my HPPD (from mushrooms) was my ocd went away. TBH I think I would rather have it back. It wasn't SUPER severe and it actually aided me in being meticulous in art/school.