Any cures for tinnitus?

Gaz

It's getting worse now it's really affecting my sleep. It feels like my tinnitus is coming right from the middle of my head rather than my ears. I get it really bad anytime I am in silence especially when I am trying to get to sleep. Anyone know of anything that can help?

• Upvote 1

I saw an informercial last night for some sort of medication that supposedly helps Tinnitus and after a quick Google search it seems there's quite a few out there. Not sure what's best but if you need relief for only Tinnitus I think you could be in luck. You'll probably just have to sift through a few until you find something that works for you. 

• 2 weeks later...

How does drinking affect you?  When I had severe tinnitus early on, drinking helped reduce that and most of my symptoms.  You may think that's bad advice, but if I now understand why drinking was helpful, it could be because alcohol is a GABA(A) receptor positive allosteric modulator.  It functions to enhance GABA while also inhibiting glutamate.  Do a search on "GABAA receptor positive allosteric modulator"