deteriorating despite all efforts.

Excersize, buspar and taking the mind off HPPD doesn't seem to work. For some reason I just want to isolate myself and not talk to anyone and just stay home all day. I am losing interest in everything in life and I can't find motivation for anything. This new school is such a dramatic change and I hate it ! I can't wait to go back to my old one. Is this a normal depersonalization thing or something else ? I'm starting to think there is more than just HPPD and dp/dr.

Actually, I'm done. I'm going to do what 50's told me and get off this website. I'm going to continue taking Buspirone and check back in here in a year from now. I'm going to be 18 in just 7 months and then shit will get real I need to beat dp/dr fast and he's right this website does cause problems trying to recover

Excersize, buspar and taking the mind off HPPD doesn't seem to work. For some reason I just want to isolate myself and not talk to anyone and just stay home all day. I am losing interest in everything in life and I can't find motivation for anything. This new school is such a dramatic change and I hate it ! I can't wait to go back to my old one. Is this a normal depersonalization thing or something else ? I'm starting to think there is more than just HPPD and dp/dr.

Well, half of this stuff is typical for teenagers, which at 17 you obviously are.  That isn't said to put you down or dismiss your HPPD problems.  Its just the natural course of life.  For example, 'existential' issues are common - the whole gambit of: who-am-I ... am-I-real ... what-is-the-purpose-of-life ... etc.

Getting 'centered' and regaining self-confidence helps everyone.  It gets anxiety under control ... and many with HPPD begin getting better once anxiety is resolved.

You are young with a whole great future ahead of you.  Each of us can focus on negatives or work on pursuing positives.  With practice one gains experience, and with experience one learns to start controlling their future ... to achieve goals and feel successes.  The 'curse' of the young is lack of experience.  The 'curse' of the old is lack of physical strength.

As for HPPD, just stay away from recreational drugs.  Eat and live 'healthy'.  Life offers you plenty of reason to live.  Wish you well ...

HPPD does make external and environmental changes more difficult to endure, also yes I do agree that there is more impact than just DP/DR. The amount of stress that it puts your body in general causes certain changes hormonally as well, or so I speculate. With the tremendous continuous shock it has on your body, it will definitely make dealing with external things even more difficult.

External changes can also definitely exasperate symptoms as well.

Getting 'centered' and regaining self-confidence helps everyone.  It gets anxiety under control ... and many with HPPD begin getting better once anxiety is resolved.

I keep hearing this but I don't get it. Are there people who claim their HPPD really started to improve drastically once they cut anxiety out of their life? I didn't have hardly any anxiety for the first six months of HPPD and improved a lot but have had lots of anxiety the past three months or so and have still improved, so for me anxiety doesn't seem to have any real negative effects. But I guess I'm just curious how much people claim it improves their HPPD more than anything. Can't be too drastic right?

I keep hearing this but I don't get it. Are there people who claim their HPPD really started to improve drastically once they cut anxiety out of their life? I didn't have hardly any anxiety for the first six months of HPPD and improved a lot but have had lots of anxiety the past three months or so and have still improved, so for me anxiety doesn't seem to have any real negative effects. But I guess I'm just curious how much people claim it improves their HPPD more than anything. Can't be too drastic right?

You are right, anxiety has little to do with visuals for some people - I am one of those, zero connection.  But then there are others (perhaps the majority) that once they start getting control of their anxiety, visuals quiet down, some even report the level of visuals fairly matching their anxiety.

Some people have HPPD 24/7.  Others have it intermittent (flashback) or varying intensities.

As a side point, anxiety is often the most debilitating symptom for those suffering HPPD (and who, obviously, have anxiety in the symptom 'list').  The visuals are more annoying than actually debilitating.  Then there are the very few who report liking it ... clearly they aren't suffering the more nasty symptoms.

I originally thought my anxiety and atleast fatigue were connected. Zero connection. My anxiety has been under control for years. Every other symtom is the same.

Anxiety is under control but it is dynamic and requires mental/emotional self-control and, at least for me, variations in med dosing.

But fatigue is trenched in.  Dopamine meds help.  Thiamine cocarboxylase helps.  But by sometime after noon, wind-down like a toy

wind-small.jpg