Thiamine Cocarboxylase

One curious factor about thiamine cocarboxylase since it is a vitamin instead of a medication, is the dosing.  With meds (Klonopin, Keppra, Sinemet, etc), one can take too much or too little.  But with thiamine you just take some to replete and wait for any effects.  Once you get past a few mgs/day, it won't matter.  The more deficient/depleted, the more rapidly one would notice effects.  Its been 7 weeks now for me and don't notice anything when taking or skipping a dose ... but notice that overall feel substantially better, though not 'cured'.

Merkan,

You could try some 'regular' thiamine and see if you benefit (typically thiamine mononitrate is what is added to food and in supplements).  I tried this the 2nd day (100mg mononitrate) and felt nothing, yet took 3mg cocarboxylase a couple hours later and felt it in within the hour.  This is suggestive of a metabolic conversion problem as opposed to an absorption or malnutrition issue.

At some point you will not notice whether you take it, but will see overall changes in the weeks to come.  It will be interesting to see how (or if) you change your medication levels.

Do you notice any difference since the first day?  You've only been taking it 6 days so far.  

Are you retaining benefits?

Are you gaining additional benefits?

I felt a big difference the first three days. Already feels like its leveling out. The Idea of trying to lower the Keppra came out of the blue the other day, obviously an effect from not being scared of a transient flare-up.

One curious factor about thiamine cocarboxylase since it is a vitamin instead of a medication, is the dosing. With meds (Klonopin, Keppra, Sinemet, etc), one can take too much or too little. But with thiamine you just take some to replete and wait for any effects. Once you get past a few mgs/day, it won't matter. The more deficient/depleted, the more rapidly one would notice effects. Its been 7 weeks now for me and don't notice anything when taking or skipping a dose ... but notice that overall feel substantially better, though not 'cured'.

Merkan,

You could try some 'regular' thiamine and see if you benefit (typically thiamine mononitrate is what is added to food and in supplements). I tried this the 2nd day (100mg mononitrate) and felt nothing, yet took 3mg cocarboxylase a couple hours later and felt it in within the hour. This is suggestive of a metabolic conversion problem as opposed to an absorption or malnutrition issue.

At some point you will not notice whether you take it, but will see overall changes in the weeks to come. It will be interesting to see how (or if) you change your medication levels.

Do you notice any difference since the first day? You've only been taking it 6 days so far.

Are you retaining benefits?

Are you gaining additional benefits?

Been taking 3 in the morning and sometimes 2 in the afternoon. I've definitely benefited. My energy level has been up though I still crash later in the day sometimes. It's been 3 weeks now. No other symtoms have been helped but any help for my fatigue is priceless.

the brainfog and memory,concentration are terible for me i feel i am like a old man write a small text here cost me 2 times more time, i have just spend a lot of money for supps never found something that i realy can say if it works

I am using gingko biloba and omega 3 for few weeks again and i read a doctor book and he saw improvment in his patients with gingko this was a good sign to continue buth he says they geth improvment in short and longterm

I dont know i can say postieve about that

When i quit klono cold turkey a month later the issues geth lot worser i am still not geth better seems i have some permanent damage, its now 1 year later

I have recently did a bloodcheck nothing realy to find for sign about it

The last thing to do is quit tobacco and see if i geth better buth it isnt easy

I wil try TC and post soon here the results

finding something thats work individual is realy a roulette finding the right dose and quality to

Getting tired to make the same faults and forgetting so much cost me so much time and money,frustration in social life because i cant focus

I may just move on to out of a city

I never been succes full here

have you tried sinemet? 

Yes it helps me the brainfog, i only take 1 pill a day. 

Have you tried 2 or 3 per day?  Also, did sinemet help you?  (Perhaps the combination would help???)

Been taking 3 in the morning and sometimes 2 in the afternoon. I've definitely benefited. My energy level has been up though I still crash later in the day sometimes. It's been 3 weeks now. No other symtoms have been helped but any help for my fatigue is priceless.

It is truly amazing that someone suffering HPPD for 25 years would get any benefit from a simple vitamin.

Fatigue is one of the most debilitating things with HPPD.  While anxiety is perhaps the most 'painful' and most discussed, often when it is resolved there still remains some level of fatigue.  TC definitely has improved my energy (easily gained an hour or two per day) ... but the later half of the day still tends to wipe out.  Its been just over 7 weeks now and still a subtle leveling off.

[ There is a young man where I live who has been trying TC for 2 weeks so far (he suffers very bad fatigue, not HPPD).  He doesn't perceive any change but his parents say he is doing a lot more.  So it isn't conclusive but if it is helping, it is illustrative how subtle/slow improvement is and how entrenched fatigue often is. ]

So you don't see changes in visuals.  Do you have visual snow and/or DR?  What are your main visual symptoms?

wish i read this before finally buying a B complex yesturday. lol...wrong form of thiamine

Are you getting help with 'regular' thiamine?  (this B complex you started with)

Or did you later get thiamine cocarboxylase and it helped you?  (And if so, which product?)

[ I realize that these are a lot of questions but it is important to clarify to help each individual and assess what might be good for others - to understand the underlying mechanisms of each HPPD symptom. ] 

i got some Sinemet from a friend with Parkinsons. i cant seem to give it fair try because it actually increased my fatigue and makes me so irritable. when i get a good baseline with Keppra (been taking for six weeks) and TC (been taking for three weeks) gonna give it another go

to me, thats the most interesting thing about TC. my brain seems to shut down with any stimulant (caffine, Sinemet). i will litterally be jittery from caffine but my brain wants to go to sleep. not sure if over the years my brain naturally does this to prevent anxiety or if the Effexor I take causes this to block anxiety. its what i consider brain fog.

I can drink cafeïne I can drink a few beers. Nothing makes it really worse. Maybe its because I take benzos Why I can drink cafeïne, coffee is the only thing I really enjoy. When im not on benzos im not sure if I can drink coffee anyway I dont remember a life without benzos.

Also im not sure if taking benzos can heal hppd or not. Time will tell.

i got some Sinemet from a friend with Parkinsons. i cant seem to give it fair try because it actually increased my fatigue and makes me so irritable. when i get a good baseline with Keppra (been taking for six weeks) and TC (been taking for three weeks) gonna give it another go

how much of the Keppra are you taking ?

got a buddy to order some for me off amazon. they sent the bio GGG instead of the bio 3b g

https://www.bioticscan.com/1143

he sent it back and placed another order with a different supplier and they sent the same thing!! this time he cant return it

unreal ive waited so long

really want to give this a try but now im out 50$ and things are tight already.

is the GGG okay to take? it has a much smaller dose of TC and is made up of different stuff than the 3b g.

man this is so frustrating

is the GGG okay to take? it has a much smaller dose of TC and is made up of different stuff than the 3b g.

That should be fine ... who knows, a little lamb brain won't hurt.  I've also tried the Immunozyme Forte and it works good ... some bovine placenta and parotid too, lol.  The 3B-G is the cheapest but returns and shipping isn't worth the bother.  Its great you were able to get something with TC.

All of these have thiamine cocarboxylase:

1 pill = 1.0 mg with Bio-GGG-B    http://www.bioticsresearch.com/sites/default/files/productlabels/1143-web.pdf

1 pill = 1.5 mg with Bio-3B-G    http://www.bioticsresearch.com/sites/default/files/productlabels/1137-web.pdf

1 pill = 0.5 mg with Bio-B-100  http://www.bioticsresearch.com/sites/default/files/productlabels/1133-web_0.pdf

1 pill = 5.0 mg with Bio-Immunozyme Forte  http://www.bioticsresearch.com/sites/default/files/productlabels/6300-web.pdf

Guess start with 2 or 3 and see how it goes.  Hopefully you respond well! ... then you can work out better prices.

What meds are you on right now?

What are your most annoying symptoms?

While 'specializing' (focused primarily) on dopamine, one would be remiss to ignore other neurotransmitters.  Already mentioned is thiamine's importance for acetylcholine and GABA.  Now the topic of serotonin must be explored because of its involvement with both HPPD and thiamine metabolism

Read the first post there and then compare with TD

Serotonin and Thiamine Deficiency

Thiamine deficiency alters serotonin function:

Reading these texts show that serotonergic alterations occur in mild as well as severe TD.  With these points in mind, it is no great leap of imagination to speculate that developing HPPD may involve low thiamine levels or metabolism.  Or that the progression of symptoms can be interrelated.  Or that recovery could be hampered by such.

Hey guys, sorry my english is not so good so I have to ask this question.

Do I have only to take Vitamin B1 for a possible improvement? 

Or do I need a Vitamin B Komplex?

Maybe can anyone suggest for me a good and cheap supplement that I can buy in europe, especially in germany.

Edit: Ah okay I need "Thiamine". 

I found a Vitamine B Komplex what contains 35mg Thiamine per capsule. How much mg I need per day?

Hey guys, sorry my english is not so good so I have to ask this question.

Do I have only to take Vitamin B1 for a possible improvement? 

Or do I need a Vitamin B Komplex?

Maybe can anyone suggest for me a good and cheap supplement that I can buy in europe, especially in germany.

Edit: Ah okay I need "Thiamine". 

I found a Vitamine B Komplex what contains 35mg Thiamine per capsule. How much mg I need per day?

Normally 35mg thiamine would be plenty, so if you have that already, then try it.

However there is a problem for some of us that 'regular' thiamine doesn't do anything useful.  Most thiamine is listed as thiamine, or thiamine mononitrate or thiamine hcl.  What we are testing on this thread is specifically thiamine cocarboxylase.  It is readily used by the body ... so that is the form you will want to try.  It doesn't seem to require much (I take in the range of 3 to 10 mg / day)