Chest pains

• 2 weeks later...

Never hurts to be safe and get checked.  But, chest pains was one of my very first symptoms only behind urticaria (hives).  I never had a problem with my heart, in fact I'm only now discovering how much HPPD has affected my connective tissue.  So I have no doubt the pain I was feeling is costochondritis in the chest area, related to tendon/muscle/connective tissue stress or changes.

• 2 weeks later...

It is anxiety and/or stress related, i'm sure.... I get it worst at night... I might not be feeling anxious or stressed at the time, but I am sure hppd makes us release alot of cortisol.

I have possibly found a some help with this..... about 10 days ago, I started taking a supplement of 250mg Inositol and 250mg of Choline. The chest pains have gone... Completely.

I want to test this over a month or more though... Maybe it was some other factor or just placebo. But after over 20 years of this problem, it just vanished.

I took some drugs that would make my heart start pounding but is chest tightness supposed to be painful to the point where I think I'm having a heart attack ?

Is the heart pounding just from these drugs?  What are (were) these?

Does it include rapid heart rate or is it just 'pounding'?

More directly, acetylcholine slows the heart.  So an anticholinergic (which dephenhydramine is) would speed things.  But that should be long gone.

Hypotension (low blood pressure) will cause a pounding feeling.  And if very low pressure, then the heart will race as well.

What is your resting heart rate?

Something else to try (perhaps this is a long-shot but simple and safe): Thiamine

Low thiamine can cause chest pain (such as "precordial pain").  So its worth a try.  For some reason, I only seem to respond to a particular type of thiamine, namely Thiamine Cocarboxylase

[ Started a topic on this http://hppdonline.com/index.php?/topic/5027-thiamine-cocarboxylase/ ]

• 2 months later...

I do, yea... Still working well for the chest pains. I woke up at about 3am last night and was really over thinking some issues with a work problem... After a while I realised that I would normally have terrible anxiety chest pain, but still nothing. It is like that symptom has completely gone from my life.

• 2 months later...

Recently I've had chest pains as a result of increased anxiety. To me it feels like its just my heart like no other part of my chest hurts so I thought I was having a heart attack until I looked it up and found out chest pains can be a result of anxiety.

• 4 years later...

I stopped taking it but not sure why. Don't remember any adverse reaction... May have just been the amount of inositol becomes a bit of a pain... 3/4 table spoons for each dose, iirc. 

Might give it another go, as my chest pain is well and truly back.

On 12/28/2015 at 2:19 AM, Granite said:

Never hurts to be safe and get checked.  But, chest pains was one of my very first symptoms only behind urticaria (hives).  I never had a problem with my heart, in fact I'm only now discovering how much HPPD has affected my connective tissue.  So I have no doubt the pain I was feeling is costochondritis in the chest area, related to tendon/muscle/connective tissue stress or changes.

What connective tissue issues have you experienced? I’ve had a lot of muscular problems since early on in my hppd. They e gotten quite severe at points... I’ve suspected connective tissue issues as well.