Our medical tests database.

onelovez

I believe it is important that we make a database of medical tests that we carry out, so later we can present it to the people interested, like a neurologist or psychiatrist. It will give them a better view when looking at few similar cases rather than just one (and maybe the first one they are going to see in their life-time).

Please post your pictures/copies/files of your medical examination, pm them to me or send through e-mail pablo.brasil@gmail.com and I will list them in here.

Doctors will have a better idea about VS or HPPD when they are presented with examinatins of few different people.

My medical examination (I plan to do fMRI soon):

Results (translation):

The analysis of CT images (cross sections, sagittal and coronal) and three-dimensional reconstruction obtained after the administration of EV radiotracer (99mTc - ECD) evidence of hypoperfusion areas in the projection of the upper front-paretial wolf (bilateral) and fronto temporal (left , discrete) and observed in cross-sectional tomographic cuts 11-13, coronal and sagittal 16-18 7-10 as well as in three-dimensional reconstructions.

Anonymous user no. 1

Results (translation):

The presence of inverted choline (CHO) peaks can be observed in relation with the N-acetyl-aspartate peaks in the range of temporal bilateral lobes including the hippocampus. These peaks in the univixel spectroscopy discard structural damage, however it suggests the presence of neural dysfunction in temporal lobes. No lactate or myoinositol peaks were observed.

Anonymous user no. 2

• Metal toxicity test
  • Test for pathogens, bacterias, viruses, fungi.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zsef01c6avnum34/AACrpP-AkppqTREkHiRW6z19a?dl=0

By now I can say I have read a lot about the link between metal toxicity and the presence of bacterias/viruses like lyme/candida etc.
You will not get rid of lyme virus if you don't remove toxic metals from your body.

I am shaping a new theory where the infection could underlie some cases of VS/HPPD. As percentage of people with lyme get exact VS/HPPD symptoms, who apparently happen to have metal toxicity in all/most cases, people with autism/aspergers also happen to experience VS/HPPD symptoms, who as you might guess by now are commonly suspected to be metal toxic. See the correlation?

Evidence for VS in aspergers: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4kenci5ljok410/ss%20%282016-03-05%20at%2011.21.54%29.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7vkpofx62qdq3r/ss%20%282016-02-11%20at%2011.46.39%29.png?dl=0

More to come soon.

• Upvote 1

man, don't bother. MRI is not gonna show up ANYTHING..... It hasn't show up anything up to date on HPPD as studies say!! its a awaste of money bro. Doctors don't seem to come up with anything smarter then stupid MRI.

Do one of those - EEG, fMRI, MRS, PET and SPECT they will most likely show something, although I could be wrong about just one out of them all.

I have done little research, so you can get an idea of what those examinations are able to check.

Link http://www.evernote.com/l/AbT7r1jufm1MuL4W5LHATsZmBT4nSmdpzZM/ or just read text below.

Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan

PET is a nuclear diagnostic test that can detect and stage most cancers. PET can also provide early information about heart disease and many neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease. A PET scan examines the body's chemistry. A PET image can map the biological function of an organ, detect subtle metabolic changes, and may be used to determine if a tumor is benign or malignant.

PET scanning (positron emission tomography) is based on the fact that the brain uses glucose for energy. By labeling a glucose molecule with a radioactive "tag," and then inhaling radioactive glucose and placing the patient's head under a large geiger counter, one can identify abnormal areas of the brain that are underutilizing glucose. Because cyclotrons are needed to generate the radioactive gas, PET scanning is not widely available.

Most fMRI scanners allow subjects to be presented with different visual images, sounds and touch stimuli, and to make different actions such as pressing a button or moving a joystick. Consequently, fMRI can be used to reveal brain structures and processes associated with perception, thought and action. The resolution of fMRI is about 2-3 millimeters at present, limited by the spatial spread of the hemodynamic response to neural activity. It has largely superseded PET for the study of brain activation patterns. PET, however, retains the significant advantage of being able to identify specific brain receptors (or transporters) associated with particular neurotransmitters through its ability to image radiolabelled receptor "ligands" (receptor ligands are any chemicals that stick to receptors).

1) Use a specialized radioligand for something involved in the particular neurotransmitter system. To measure serotonin, we'd use C-DASB which binds to the serotonin transporter. That allows a relatively direct inference of how active serotonin is. This is for PET scanning.

Measuring serotonin synthesis: from conventional methods to PET tracers and their (pre)clinical implications

Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) Scan

SPECT scan is a nuclear test that can provide information about blood flow to tissues and metabolic activities in the body. It is used frequently in patients with epilepsy to help pinpoint the area in the brain involved in producing seizures. It is also used to help identify certain types of tumors, and can provide early information about neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease. It is useful in diagnosing certain spinal conditions including stress fractures, spondylosis, tumors and infections. A small amount of a radioactive drug is injected into a vein and a scanner is used to create detailed images of areas inside the body where the radioactive material is absorbed by the cells. The test takes between one and two hours to complete.

SPECT scanning (single photon emission computed tomography) is similar to PET scanning in that a radioactive chemical is administered intravenously to the patient, but the radioactive chemical remains in the bloodstream and does not enter the brain. As a result, the SPECT scan maps the brain's vascular supply. Because damaged brain tissue normally shuts down its own blood supply, focal vascular defects on a SPECT scan are circumstantial evidence of brain damage. The advantage of a SPECT scan over a PET scan is its ready availability and relatively cheap cost. Recent studies have demonstrated abnormal SPECT scans after head trauma when the CAT and MRI were normal, suggesting that the SPECT scan is more sensitive to brain injury then either CT or MRI scans. Because the radioactive chemicals used in SPECT and PET scans are carried to all parts of the body by vascular tree, SPECT scans and PET scans are used judiciously in patients of reproductive age.

MR Spectroscopy (MRS) able to check glutamate/gaba?

The types of biochemicals (metabolites) which can be studied include choline-containing compounds (which are used to make cell membranes), creatine (a chemical involved in energy metabolism), inositol and glucose (both sugars), N-acetylaspartate, and alanine and lactate which are elevated in some tumors.

fMRI

13C MRS is a special type of fMRS particularly suited for measuring important neurophysiological fluxes in vivo and in real time to assess metabolic activity both in healthy and diseased brains (e.g., in human tumor tissue [34]). These fluxes include TCA cycle, glutamate-glutamine cycle, glucose and oxygen consumption.[6]13C MRS can provide detailed quantitative information about glucose dynamics that can not be obtained with 1H fMRS, because of the low concentration of glucose in the brain and the spread of its resonances in several multiplets in the 1H MRS spectrum.[35]

Migraine and pain studies

fMRS has been used in migraine and pain research. It has supported the important hypothesis of mitochondria dysfunction in migraine with aura (MwA) patients. Here the ability of fMRS to measure chemical processes in the brain over time proved crucial for confirming that repetitive photic stimulation causes higher increase of the lactate level and higher decrease of the N-acetylaspartate (NAA) level in the visual cortex of MwA patients compared to migraine without aura (MwoA) patients and healthy individuals.[17][20][21]

In pain research fMRS complements fMRI and PET techniques. Although fMRI and PET are continuously used to localize pain processing areas in the brain, they can not provide direct information about changes in metabolites during pain processing that could help to understand physiological processes behind pain perception and potentially lead to novel treatments for pain. fMRS overcomes this limitation and has been used to study pain-induced (cold-pressure, heat, dental pain) neurotransmitter level changes in the anterior cingulate cortex,[42][43] anterior insular cortex [4] and left insular cortex.[44] These fMRS studies are valuable because they show that some or all Glx compounds (glutamate, GABA and glutamine) increase during painful stimuli in the studied brain regions.

Cognitive studies

Cognitive studies frequently rely on the detection of neuronal activity during cognition. The use of fMRS for this purpose is at present mainly at an experimental level but is rapidly increasing. Cognitive tasks where fMRS has been used and the major findings of the research are summarized below.

Cognitive task Brain region Major findings Silent word generation task Left inferior frontal gyrus Increased lactate level during the task in young alert participants,[31] but not in young participants with prolonged wakefulness and aged participants implying that aging and prolonged wakefulness may result in a dysfunction of the brain energy metabolism and cause impairment of the frontal cortex.[45] Motor sequence learning task Contralateral primary sensorimotor cortex Decreased GABA level during the task suggesting that GABA modulation occurs with encoding of the task.[46] Prolonged match-to-sample working memory task Left dorsolateral prefrontal cortex Increased GABA level during the first working memory run and continuously decreased during subsequent three runs. Decrease of GABA over time correlated with decreases in reaction time and higher task accuracy.[47] Presentation of abstract and real world objects Lateral occipital cortex Higher increase in glutamate level with the presentation of abstract versus real world objects. In this study fMRS was used simultaneously with EEG and positive correlation between gamma-band activity and glutamate level changes was observed.[3] Stroop task Anterior cingulate cortex (ACC)
Demonstration of phosphocreatine dynamics with 12s temporal resolution. Stroop task for this study was chosen because it has been previously shown that left ACC is significantly activated during the performance of stroop task. The main implication of this study was that reliable fMRS measures are possible in the ACC during cognitive tasks.[8]

Collection of cerebral fluid
2) Collect cerebrospinal fluid. We can often either measure levels of a transmitter, or a related metabolite or precursor. For example, Neurotransmitter levels in cerebrospinal fluid in relation to severity of symptoms and response to medical therapy in Parkinson's disease.

Urine sample:
3) Urine samples for less direct inferences of the above. For example, phenethylamine, which acts as a natural dopamine releaser (many stimulants like amphetamine are substituted phenethylamines. Amphetamine is short for alpha-methylphenethylamine, for instance), is present in lower amounts in urine samples from ADHD patients. Biomarkers and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a systematic review and meta-analyses. To see the relation of phenethylamine to dopamine levels, consider the biopathway shown here in this nice wikipedia graphic: Dopamine

You can do quantification of Serotonin using HPLC.

Im having an mri soon can I use that?

I did it to with no results nothing wrong with my brain because of hppd buth luckly the found a big tumor and removed i could posible geth in a coma for that buth that tumor had nothing to do with hppd

Maybe the neuroimaging test to take is a Magnetic Resonance Spectometry (MRS).
Sometimes (unfortunately) we have to hold our doctors' hands...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the first whats she gonna think is light psychosis, or if you explain and let her look to wikipedia about hppd she will have a better understanding about hppd and refer you to other docs where they can do othere test mabye they wil find something that can tread one ore more of your sympoms buth the option mostly low

I have made an edit with new tests that a friend has sent me. He did a hair test for metal toxicity and a stool sample for infections.

"Anonymous user no. 2

• Metal toxicity test
  • Test for pathogens, bacterias, viruses, fungi.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zsef01c6avnum34/AACrpP-AkppqTREkHiRW6z19a?dl=0

By now I can say I have read a lot about the link between metal toxicity and the presence of bacterias/viruses like lyme/candida etc.
You will not get rid of lyme virus if you don't remove toxic metals from your body.

I am shaping a new theory where the infection could underlie some cases of VS/HPPD. As percentage of people with lyme get exact VS/HPPD symptoms, who apparently happen to have metal toxicity in all/most cases, people with autism/aspergers also happen to experience VS/HPPD symptoms, who as you might guess by now are commonly suspected to be metal toxic. See the correlation?

Evidence for VS in aspergers: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4kenci5ljok410/ss%20%282016-03-05%20at%2011.21.54%29.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7vkpofx62qdq3r/ss%20%282016-02-11%20at%2011.46.39%29.png?dl=0"

• Jay1 unpinned this topic
  • 11 months later...