Vyvanse and Adult ADD.

I recently got diagnosed with Adult ADD.  It has been one of the most important moments of my life.  I now had a reason for all of this stuff.  Using the strategies I have read about in the last couple days, I had greatly improved my life.  After trying Vyvanse today, It seemed like everything fit.  I could finally be normal.  Unfortunatley, as many of you already know, when I crashed I started ghosting worse than I have in 4 weeks.  I also started getting bad visuals.  My plan is try it one time a month until the 6 month point.  At that point I will try and reavaluate my situation.  Keppra(i think) as well as Vyvanse might be needed, but to that point I will not know until the day comes.  My question is this.

0)Do you think that Vyvanse is permantly making my HPPD worse, or simply aggrivating it?  I wonder about this because I feel like it is an incredible tool for me, one of which I would like to have access to if I deem the situation appropraite.

1)is 6 months enough time to move into the anti-seuzire/ CNS experiment or should I wait longer?(I developed HHPD Oct 12, 2015)

2)For people who have ADD, HPPD and are using CNS's and are taking anti-seuzire medication, do you notice a drop in ghosting?  The visual increase is annoying as I work on a computer, but honestly the ghosting is what had me so upset.

3)Hold me :(

Edit:Background, my HPPD is managable.  By that it seems to go away sometimes, and sometimes it comes when I don't sleep, overexcersize, etc.  It comes in waves.

I think Vyvanse risks making it permanently worse. I don't think you can say for sure, because everyone seems to be different in how they respond to meds, but I don't think it's a risk worth taking, at least without Keppra. Actually, I'd stick clear of stimulants altogether - there are other meds you can try for ADD that are non-stimulants. I take imipramine, a tricyclic antidepressant, which has been really useful and seems to have also made the HPPD slightly better. You can also take atomoxetine, bupropion, venlafaxine, guanfacine or clonidine. Downside of these meds is that they work in fewer people than stimulants, but you've still got a more than 50% chance with each medication. Clonidine has been used to treat HPPD before, so could be a good place to start if you have hyperactive or combined type ADD (it's not so effective for inattentives). Does your psych know about your HPPD?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Don.

Thanks for the reply.  I went off a cliff the last weeks after that vyvanse scare.  My symptoms were much worse than at intial onset.  Needless to say, I am staying away from Vyvanse and now even caffiene.  Thanks for the reccomendations, I will try and start reading up on these drugs and consider them.  I haven't told my doctor yet about HPPD, I see him on the 19th of this month.  I'm not holding out hope he will know what I am talking about but I plan on discussing it with him.

As far as the medications above, I think I might try Clonidine, although I am inattentive.  Seems like as good a place to start as any with my new HPPD troubles!  I am afraid to try any drug that messes with my brain, because I seem to be very fragile at the moment.  I can't really do anything anymore that has an effect on my dopamine(and maybe other brain chemicals as well.)

I will post back after I move forward!