Are fMRIs safe?

K.B.Fante

There's a study going on at my university about traumatic experiences on the brain. I figured I was a prime candidate so I thought I'd volunteer. But I did want to check in with the community to see if this would be safe with HPPD. Are there any known brain tests that can worsen HPPD? I know for sure there's going to be an fMRI but there will be other things as well. Any precautions I should take? Should I pass on doing this altogether? 

Thanks. 

I've had one, but that was after a serious head injury about 6 months into my hppd.... No idea if it had any long or short term effects really, as I had just taken a baseball bat to the head several times!

I think it would be safe though.

I did a normal MRI 3 times with no side effects and my hppd was the same

they removed a big tumor in my brain thats why i have to do it normal i need to go again buth i dont want to geth in that tunnel again whit all that horribel noise

I've had one, but that was after a serious head injury about 6 months into my hppd.... No idea if it had any long or short term effects really, as I had just taken a baseball bat to the head several times!

I think it would be safe though.

fuck man thats was bad one.. u started with a hooligans team or something? :P

I got hit by a hurling stick under my temple, for change, when i was living in ireland (by some polish scumbags though)..

AND yeah i actually wondered about fMRI and its effects too. I intend to do one soon hopefully.

K.B.Fante - please report us back with the results!

I actually decided to postpone for five months until I felt me HPPD was better. I don't think there's anything that could make it worse but there are a lot of different tests that include electricity and sleep monitoring that I just wasn't sure about. If anybody has anymore information on whether certain medical testing equipment has exacerbated symptoms please feel free to post here!