no anixity for 6 years, TRT kicked it back in...

Guyindubai

Hello,

Previously this year or end of 2014, I had posted a long story about how i strugged with HPPD since 2009 until two month ago with all my dr/dp anixity, brain fog, panic attacks, you name it, i had it, i was on an SSRI Zoloft 50mg per day, 2MG Klonopin, and 500 keppra, i tapered off the Zoloft, and felt no difference what so ever.

During the middle of the year I started a new job, and it's a 9 to 6, everything was and is well except for the stress that comes with the job, but 1-2 month ago i started getting those weird panic attacks, and feeling uncomftable like something was just not right, started feeling a little scared and it reminded me of how i was pre-med.

I was diagnosed with Low Testosterone, and i have been taking Nebdio ( testosterone injection ), as the SSRI i was on lowered my Lebido and i think my Test levels went down...

As you can see am i extremely confused.. I could really use some advise.. After years of being stable on keppra 500mg and klonopin 2mg... what could be the reason my anixity is back?

• Upvote 1

Man, that sounds like an overdose of meds to me. That's a lot of different combinations of stuff to be taking all the time. Have you ever tried going off meds? Not sure what to tell you but it seems the concoction of meds you have could be contributing negatively to your symptoms. 

The Klonopin 2mg i have been on for 6 years now, lowered it down to 1.75mg once a day, and keppra 500mg, and im on Nebido teostrone injection.. I mean the keppra and the Klonopin for the anixity dr/dp and visuals.. and they have helped me for the past 6 years.. but as soon as i started the Tostestrone, which is 6 month ago, i felt my anixity kick. i have stopped the SSRI'S the cirpalex, and the zoloft, which were take on diffrent occasion.

I did manage to lower my klonopin from 2mg to 1.75, and stop the SSRI if that answers you question... the overdose would be the keppra and the klonopin you say.. please explain

No, I don't know what specifics to tell you. I was just pointing out that's a lot of meds to be on just for HPPD. I was on one med and it messed me up. I couldn't imagine being on that many. I feel like it would definitely make my HPPD worse. But, different strokes. Sounds like the testosterone might be the culprit. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do these sympots ever disappear on TRT? Since I'm quitting TRT, and hoping my anxiety levels disappear.

But If my anxiety doesn't leave and my test levels will stay low. Then I will be forced to go back on the TRT

Also is it possible that the TRT causes social anxiety !? Again does those anixity from TRT ever leave while on TRT?

i don't have anxiety or insomnia anymore, also my libido is back. But be prepared to face some anxiety and low libido when coming off TRT. You symptoms should resolve within a week, depending on how long you've been on. Just remember whatever bad feelings you'll get - they are temporary.

What was your reason for TRT? You may wanna start eating more fatty foods and stimulate natural production of hormones, also lose weight if possible (if not lean already).

You can diminish anxiety while on TRT but gotta nail down proper dose and maybe use estrogen aromatase inhibitors (AI). When your estrogen is too low or too high - you get anxiety. When testosterone goes up, then it aromatizes to estrogen and causes anxiety. The trick with TRT is to find the right dosage and frequency of injections without causing much fluctuations. You may wanna research that on steroid forums for a better advise (I'm novice).

i don't have anxiety or insomnia anymore, also my libido is back. But be prepared to face some anxiety and low libido when coming off TRT. You symptoms should resolve within a week, depending on how long you've been on. Just remember whatever bad feelings you'll get - they are temporary.

What was your reason for TRT? You may wanna start eating more fatty foods and stimulate natural production of hormones, also lose weight if possible (if not lean already).

You can diminish anxiety while on TRT but gotta nail down proper dose and maybe use estrogen aromatase inhibitors (AI). When your estrogen is too low or too high - you get anxiety. When testosterone goes up, then it aromatizes to estrogen and causes anxiety. The trick with TRT is to find the right dosage and frequency of injections without causing much fluctuations. You may wanna research that on steroid forums for a better advise (I'm novice).

The reason why I got put on TRT was as following: I was on an SSRI.. I noticed that the SSRI made me have no libido, erticle disfuction and so much more sexual side effects. I quit the SSRI and about .. two three month later, I went to the doctor complaining of those sexual side effects, he did a total testosterone tests and my levels came back 275 or 2.7 depending on how you measure it. I was put on sutanol 250 once every 21 days, but then the Sustanol is out of stock in the country, then I started the Nebdio once every 12 weeks.. and I remember around this time i start having my anixexty, went to the doctor complained about this, he told me to consult my psychologist and ask him to increase my anxiety meds as this is a common side effect of TRT, and again he did some tests and it showed that my body has used up the nebdio ( testostone injection) in faster then 12 month, therefore we reduce the interval of the injection to 8 weeks, and stuck at injecting every 8 weeks.. and today im suffering from Social anixeity, deppresion, and just stress..

Alot of people say TRT should make you feel better.. anyways 1 year later of TRT I have full blown depression.. always stressed out, I dont sleep well anymore.. And my anenixty kicked back in..

Either my new lifestyle of working 10 hours a day, sleeping less then I use too has make my anxiety come back.. or r it could be the testosterone injections causing the anxiety and depression to surface.. 

At this point im pretty much confused, I don't know what and why the anixity and deppresion has come back....

I was put on sutanol 250 once every 21 days, but then the Sustanol is out of stock in the country, then I started the Nebdio once every 12 weeks.. and I remember around this time i start having my anixexty, went to the doctor complained about this, he told me to consult my psychologist and ask him to increase my anxiety meds as this is a common side effect of TRT, and again he did some tests and it showed that my body has used up the nebdio ( testostone injection) in faster then 12 month, therefore we reduce the interval of the injection to 8 weeks, and stuck at injecting every 8 weeks.. and today im suffering from Social anixeity, deppresion, and just stress..

OMG. You have injection schedule from HELL. No wonder you have anxiety, I wonder how you're still alive...Do you know that at least you should get 1 injection per week ? No wonder you are depressed because each injection spikes your testosterone and then goes down after three days, leaving you with low testosterone for another 7 weeks ?! You gotta get on steroid forums and ask pros on how to schedule your injections. They would advocate at least 1 injection per week, or for best results - every 3.5 days. Has your doc asked you to provide blood results every few weeks (not just once) until you nail down proper dosage ? It seems your doc has no clue how to properly do TRT.

OMG. You have injection schedule from HELL. No wonder you have anxiety, I wonder how you're still alive...Do you know that at least you should get 1 injection per week ? No wonder you are depressed because each injection spikes your testosterone and then goes down after three days, leaving you with low testosterone for another 7 weeks ?! You gotta get on steroid forums and ask pros on how to schedule your injections. They would advocate at least 1 injection per week, or for best results - every 3.5 days. Has your doc asked you to provide blood results every few weeks until you find proper dosage ? It seems your doc has no clue how to properly do TRT.

No no  no Nebido has a half life of 12 weeks..... Thefore its a long acting testosterone Depot http://www.nebido.com/

Also doctor has asked for tests before every injection, as soon as my levels hit below 500-400 i take the next injection. Just today morning i checked my T and it was at 500 after four weeks of injecting.

Ok then my best advise is to: either get frequent blood tests and see your hormone levels between injections (both testosterone and estrogen E2), or see whether you can quit TRT, because libido can be fixed in many ways, not just testosterone.

But at this point I have 90% confidence that your anxiety is related to TRT.

Ok then my best advise is to: either get frequent blood tests and see your hormone levels between injections (both testosterone and estrogen E2), or see whether you can quit TRT, because libido can be fixed in many ways, not just testosterone.

But at this point I have 90% confidence that your anxiety is related to TRT.

Thanks for the advice. will quit TRT, monitor myself for a few month and see the best course of action from there.

Will update once i got some news.

• Upvote 1

Im quitting with Clomid to restart my sperm production, and then cut off everything and let my system work itself normally.. 

Quiting because since i started TRT my anxiety is back, i have insomnia, and so many other things going on, I dont know if its the TRT or something else.

Was wondering why you were trying Comid?  Thought it increases sperm production? http://txfertility.com/fertility-treatments/clomid-for-men/

Do you have low T and high prolactin (prior to Comid/TRT)?

Was wondering why you were trying Comid? Thought it increases sperm production? http://txfertility.com/fertility-treatments/clomid-for-men/

Do you have low T and high prolactin (prior to Comid/TRT)?

Prior to the TRT, I only did a free test and total test to check my levels, doctor didn't ask for FSH LH SHBG and prolactin.... So can't answer you, but during the TRT my prolactin was in a normal range now high nor low.

Now I'm using Clomid as a post TRT in order for testicals to start producing natural levels of test and make my sperm active again as TRT makes you sterile and kills your sperm.

Why do you ask about t levels and prolactin ?

Prior to the TRT, I only did a free test and total test to check my levels, doctor didn't ask for FSH LH SHBG and prolactin.... So can't answer you, but during the TRT my prolactin was in a normal range now high nor low.

Now I'm using Clomid as a post TRT in order for testicals to start producing natural levels of test and make my sperm active again as TRT makes you sterile and kills your sperm.

Why do you ask about t levels and prolactin ?

Prolactin affects T production inversely (somehow through GnRH) although most action involves FSH/LH.  That is why TRT and Anabolic steroids (weight-lifters) 'shrink' testicles - the hypothalamus sees 'extra' T and tells the body to slow down.

Prolactin is controlled inversely by dopamine via D2 receptors.

So ... if a man's dopamine is low, prolactin will elevate which tells testicles to produce less T.  Hence, if a person has high Prolactin and low T, low dopamine function might be implicated.

dopamines-effect-on-hormones.png

Have posted a lot about dopamine because of own health.  And for many HPPDers, dopaminergic function is involved (as seen in Dr Abraham's drug trial).  However, only a few HPPDers respond really well to just levodopa (Sinemet) supplementation.

In the end, am trying to learn why a person responds to a med or not.  To better understand the underpinnings of HPPD and like disorders.  And to see if we can identify a pattern in advance as to who might be more likely to respond to dopamine stimulation.