bugger...cant you argue without being offensive?!

no in fact its not stupid for an adolecent hppd/dp/dr- sufferer...its a different situation...hes drinking to substitute medication for a serious problem..so hes covering his symptoms..while being in an uncontrollable setting in a situation where drugs affect you unpredictable (due to hppd/dp/dr)..it is a wise advice...cause very few people can deal with that kind of complication if it occurs...you can get paranoid when being high with people who cant understand possibly occuring hppd/dp/dr issues....so its better to first try it alone and then see how it affects you and if you're safe you can still drink with friends.

dont forget hes not drinking like most people usally do...he just wants to replace meds with it so hes only drinking small amounts of alcohol...means he wont be in the same mood as healthy drinkers...who are most likely to missunderstand him if hes not that cheerful...

sorry mate but that is regarded as self-medication. Drinking to alleviate symptoms can lead to a road of dependence and addiction, drinking should be something to enjoy without needing a solution to remove negative symptoms.

Do not replace meds with alcohol. drinking in small quantities infrequently is obviously encouraged, but theres a reason why people with drug abuse issues (many people on this HPPD a forum for example, me being one of them) are told by doctors to avoid alcohol. Because they can't be trusted.

sorry mate but that is regarded as self-medication. Drinking to alleviate symptoms can lead to a road of dependence and addiction, drinking should be something to enjoy without needing a solution to remove negative symptoms.

Do not replace meds with alcohol. drinking in small quantities infrequently is obviously encouraged, but theres a reason why people with drug abuse issues (many people on this HPPD a forum for example, me being one of them) are told by doctors to avoid alcohol. Because they can't be trusted.

are you telling me i shouldnt use alcohol or other drugs to treat or cover up symptoms?!...you cant be serious!..thats not what it was about...brandon will use it no matter what we say, he was just looking for a way to come to terms with hppd/dp/dr even though almost everyone here (including me) told him already not to replace medication with drugs and the risks...so i just gave advice how to do it better...but i didnt recommend him to do so....in the end its his dicision

You're both right in your advice.

What Bugger is saying is the 100% failsafe answer for alcohol, eg, don't do it... But there is also logic in what Trip is saying, eg, if you are going to do it, do it the cleverest way possible (and i agree with the idea of trying these sort of things away from a social situation, where you can monitor how it affects you).

All wasted breath though anyway... First few posts contains the best ways for "safe" drinking... What does Brandon do? go and find some homebrew wine, about as hangover inducing a drink as you can find, haha.