Fuck the appointment ! It's pointless so Time for plan B

you have to be independent...get your own flat, then you can bypass the ''support'' of your parents and order your remedies to your adress just like me...dont forget that your time is running out..the longer you dwell on this condition, the more unlikely a cure becomes...cause your brain chemistry is getting used to the imbalance

and i know what im talking about...since my betterment started after i began taking naturals

Your time is not "running out"..... People recover in various ways, at various times, through various means.

Have you tried the simplest method of all yet? Eating healthily, exercising and trying to focus your brain on other activities? All these things are free or cheap to do.

^^^^^^ jay is spot on.

You don't need meds mate. I wouldn't be surprised if your anxiety is playing a significant factor in your HPPD. Have you thought about SSRI/SNRI medication? It's ill-advised on this board, but my SNRI medication (alongside CBT for 2 months) has done WONDERS. No longer debilitating, and over time my visuals are so very slowly getting less noticeable or going away... But they're going away! Exercising 5 times a week and healthy eating has played a huge role. I can even drink strong coffees daily and has no effect on my anxiety.

Lay off the drugs. I've done rec drugs 10+ times since onset with no increase whatsoever... Apart from the recent one, and all it took was 50mg of mdma. You're young, and your brain is still developing. Time is key!!!

Seriously, look into treating your anxiety before HPPD. Because doctors and psychs are trained to do that.

Trip into hell - I don't believe you should tell young kids that they're time is running out, let alone your "advice" on this condition. Unless you've done some research in the field neuroscience or the brain, or education at medical school, you shouldn't be telling a teenager in a vulnerable state about your thoughts how his brain is "getting used to HPPD and becoming more incurable". I wouldnt imagine any scientific article would have any grounds in suggesting that, but rather the opposite.

Brandon, do your best to find some distractions like sport etc (even gaming, but not too much), and maybe take a break from this forum to stop thinking about it. The moment I started taking time of this forum, the instant I started feeling better.

Maybe try and get nutrients in other ways? Smoothie shakes?

Here is a great e-book that shows foods that will help create gaba, which will help your anxiety (if you scroll up, there is a section about Serotonin foods too)....

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=12zG7dUgeIYC&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=creating+more+gaba&source=web&ots=wwKScCoM36&sig=d_NVmy7kSSocv6Jin3AZhBAIViU&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result#v=onepage&q=creating%20more%20gaba&f=false

Alot of this stuff could be used in a smoothie (maybe not the beef liver!)

What kind of exercise are you doing? You need to go really hard to see the best effects... Push yourself to the limits... That will release endorphins to help your mood. Even better if you are doing team sports, I find.

Yea, it is shit. I had to take time out (2 years) before I could go back to university. I felt no shame in doing it though, I needed that time out to regain some confidence and do my best to clear out my mind... If I had stuck around, I think the anxiety would have been too much... I just got a crappy, no pressure job and spent my free time trying to get to grips with my hppd.

The other difference is I was living alone when I was 17, so could make my own choices. That's not to say i'm advising you to quit college or move out of home, that's just what helped me.

Seriously though, read that e-book... You'll be amazed at how some dietary changes can affect your mood.

Your time is not "running out"..... People recover in various ways, at various times, through various means.

dont tell me that one is more likely to be cured or it makes no difference in difficulty for curing a serious condition if you start acting too late...its almost always that way especially when it comes to hppd or similar (just remember the people who have their suffering for 20 years due to they didnt do the right things for the first few years after onset)..time can not heal everything..somethings get worse over time...its what i mean by saying ''time runs out''

Trip into hell - I don't believe you should tell young kids that they're time is running out, let alone your "advice" on this condition. Unless you've done some research in the field neuroscience or the brain, or education at medical school, you shouldn't be telling a teenager in a vulnerable state about your thoughts how his brain is "getting used to HPPD and becoming more incurable". I wouldnt imagine any scientific article would have any grounds in suggesting that, but rather the opposite.

Brandon, do your best to find some distractions like sport etc (even gaming, but not too much), and maybe take a break from this forum to stop thinking about it. The moment I started taking time of this forum, the instant I started feeling better.

i didnt want to tell him that its completely hopeless or something like that but its not good for one to wait and hope for a miracle cure...thats wasting of precious time if you have such serious condition its always best to do everything helpful you can...so thats why i say a sufferer is definately in a kind of hurry...disorders are rarely or only slightly getting better over time..and yes, dont need to be a professional, scientist or having studies or articles to know this.

how naiv has humanity gone, only believing what the content of specific recources offer...where is the evidence that after a long time of waiting and doing nothing for betterment (instead of what people do for general well being (healthy eating, sports, distraction etc.)..which wont touch the root of the actual problem) the condition will fade for no specific reason...sounds more like you believe in miracles if you ask me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

but.. you know what...just forget what i said...im done with giving good advices and getting nothing more than ignorance and the rage of frustrated people...just cant read it anymore..keep your hatred and anger to yourself

Just try and choose your words a bit better and empathise with the person you are addressing... Imagine being 17 and someone telling you your time is running out to fix the problem that is causing so much fear and panic.... That will just add to the fear and panic.. It is not a good phrase to use and isn't based on any factual information in terms of how neurology works, re: "cause your brain chemistry is getting used to the imbalance".... There is simply nothing scientific to back that up.

Addressing the issue at it's earliest is good advice and, other than the drug slip up, Brandon seems to be taking pro-active steps whenever possible (telling his parents, trying to get doctor's appointment, researching meds/supplements etc).

There is no set timeline with a mental disorder.

A good example of that is... Even though I still have hppd after 20 years.... for the first 3 years I also had crippling depression, it just disappeared after 3 years with no trigger... No meds, no change in circumstances... It just went away from 100% crippling, cry myself to sleep darkness to no real depression at all in the space of a few weeks.

Anyway.... The problem Brandon laid out is that he cant get meds and doesn't have much cash... So that leaves the following that can help, even if they are not cures:

Completely free:

Exercise,

Meditation

Walks in nature

Talking stuff through with a friend

Distractions (some are free)

Staying sober

Cheap:

Distractions (some are cheap)

Healthy eating

Supplements (some are cheap... Melatonin is a good one to try)

you can not know if there wasnt a trigger for that cause you dont/didnt record everything you do/did...maybe its something you didnt even think about + everybody is different and its always good to know what to do against serious problems and do that as early as possible before it gets ugly or chronic.

and as i already said...for me it worked..cause from the moment i took specific naturals i was immediately feeling a bit better than all the time before after onset and my wellbeing increased over the time i used these remedies...for me it had been the naturals (something i didnt do before and only a few people really tryed)..no chemicals no sports, healthy diet or meditation etc. (nothing one does for general health since that doesnt touch the root of hppd or similar) cause i was living healthy for all my life..

but i didnt want him to be hopeless i just wanted to say that he needs to take care of his problems as soon as possible (its always best) and not letting his parents get in his way while doing so cause they dont seem to understand the severity of the situation at all nor they believe what he says...its a situation where it would be better for him to be able to try some things with healing potential without the need of his parents agreement...cause such serious condition is more than unlikely to clear up on its own...i dont want to know in what dark place i would still be without my remedies..im so glad

i still take them every now and then...but its not necessary..i mostly use them for relaxation these days.

and i dont want to give good advices for people anymore who dont take it as what it is..since i already gave brandon some of these informations, but wether he cant get his hands on these substances due to his parents or other restrictions or he ignores them completely + i mostly experience rejection for advices on this forum..for no reason.

If you are taking some remedies that might help people, just say what they are.. Even if you are angry at me, or Brandon or whoever... What about the 99% of people who just lurk here, looking for help.

im not angry at anybody...just disappointed...but people are all the same they rather cry over their condition, using prescription meds without doubt and trying to get attention of others instead of doing something for themselves with real healing potential...its insane how people are somehow depending on being mentally ill. -_-

Yes, i was speaking to you, trip. You don't even know why your hppd went away, yet feel fully qualified to lecture people who didn't get so lucky on what they are doing wrong.

You didn't need medication, that is great... Others do, please don't belittle them for it.

i dont adjudge people for taking them...its your life...i just say you can not know if your hppd could have been cleared up on its own or with the help of naturals instead of chemicals cause the most of sufferers didnt even give it a long term try...the problem is that most people are so desperate with their symptoms (which i understand very well) that they rather put something prescribed into their system ignoring the side effects and long term damage...these prescription meds are actually known for making it worse ..im really sorry for them.cause they might have been cured already as well.

..dont always try to make me look like a virtuous idiot.

sry im just on your side...why are you mad at me?

...thats exactly what i mean when i say im done with giving advices to people...