Are there any drugs that temporarily decrease symptoms?

So I've had HPPD for five months now. I've made lots of progress, but it's still really bad on certain days. I don't mind recovering the natural way but I do have times (mostly social situations) where I need to function a bit more normally. So my question is, does anybody have a medication they use only for special occasions that reduces HPPD symptoms enough to make it tolerable? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Benzos.Lorazepam is my favourite, reduces visuals and dp/dr, greatly reduces anxiety.

Managed well, they can be a magic bullet for things like social functions. Just be careful with alcohol... The two do not mix well. (And be careful of addiction, of course).

Thanks guys.

I don't have DP hardly at all. My biggest problem is still brain fog and fast-object streaming. I actually have a prescription for Lorazepam but I've only used it at night when I can't sleep so I don't really know what it feels like when concious. But I guess that's good I have it already. I'll give it a shot next time I feel I need it in a social gathering.

Benzos.Lorazepam is my favourite, reduces visuals and dp/dr, greatly reduces anxiety.

Managed well, they can be a magic bullet for things like social functions. Just be careful with alcohol... The two do not mix well. (And be careful of addiction, of course)

Managed well, they can be a magic bullet for things like social functions. Just be careful with alcohol... The two do not mix well. (And be careful of addiction, of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Lorazepam reduces my HPPD symptoms temporarily, and relieves tension and anxiety. When it comes on, there´s a noticable slowing down of the static, and objects appear more solid. Think it´s because it has a more pronounced anti-seizure effect than other benzos (Clonazepam has the most though). 

I have a strict routine for the of use them; I only use them when I really need them, never when I want them. If I notice any increase in tolerance, I stop using them for a while to get the tolerance back to baseline.