Greetings old friends

dukkha

Greeting old forum friends,

I've been off the forums for a while now. It's been good for me but I feel neglectful being an admin. I will try to check up on the forums and you all more often but I'm still rather busy.

Part of the reason for my lack of appearance on the forums is that my HPPD is fading into nothing. Our body heals itself if given a chance. Based on my experience, HPPD does heal significantly with time. There are things you can do to aid this process. Taking care of your self - physically (diet, exercise, no harmful substances), emotionally (not feeding your HPPD with anxiety, self-loathing, depression, hyper-activity, and other unwholesome emotions as well as doing things that give you meaning, such as a job, school, or family), and spiritually (i've found meditation and restorative yoga to be very beneficial but also a supportive community [i.e. church, sangha, AA group, etc.]). Have faith. I believe this disorder is not permanent, despite the HPPD misnomer. Perhaps, I will have visual disturbances for the rest of my left - they haven't left me entirely. But the surrounding issues, namely anxiety, depersonlization, and a general shitty feeling, are definitely not permanent have taken a backseat allowing me to lead a rich and fulfilling life.

I wish you all the best in this struggle.

With love,

Dukkha