Trouble sleeping at night

Anyone else find that their HPPD is amplified by 10x when trying to sleep at night? I get intense open and closed eye visuals in the forms of moving shapes and fractals. The biggest problem is my racing thoughts about completely senseless and meaningless crap. I am trying to detox so don't want to take any drugs to help me sleep. Anyone know of anything that can help?

I had this same problem a few weeks ago. As my mind sort of returned (I was pretty out of it the first three months or so of HPPD) so did my thoughts, yet they were so fast and never stopped. I read some of topics on this in the forum and it sounds like there are some meds that can help, but a lot of times they can hurt too. From my own experience benzos are the best because not only do they make you drowsy but they help with the symptoms as well. I have Lorazepam and I keep a pill by my bed and if I wake up and can't go back to sleep within 20 minutes I just take a pill and am out shortly there after. I always wake up really refreshed too.

better try lavender for sleep it always increased my sleeping by hours and its an anti anxiolytic too + its non addictive and completely natural...better than destroying yourself by benzos ending up addicted + the long term effects of benzo use are unpleasant for most people and can cause an opposite effect than usual...i can take lavender each night without any negative side effects and stop after month of usage without any withdrawl...these days i dont take it anymore cause my sleeping patterns are rebalanced but it was a great help when i was at my worst.

• 2 months later...

First off, discount what I said above. Benzos are the worst idea ever -- unless of course you plan on taking them for the rest of your life and never going off. I would second the melatonin vote. I've had terrible sleeping problems over the last few weeks and have tried every supplement in the book. Melatonin is the only thing that's worked for me. I also think valerian is pretty good and when taken with melatonin can form a pretty potent mixture.