i think i am addicted to klonopin

umit

i think am adicted to klonopin after taking 6 months 0.5mg daily now i try to quit after 2 weeks i developed concentration problem and short memory problem after 1 month i geth dizzy and must take it back to make a end of dizzyness i should not listen to my doctor god damn it and now i tappering very slowly i taking now every 5 to 10 days half dose of 0,5mg if not i feel hell be carefull with clonopin its extremly addictiv you know the widrawl when you stop

• Upvote 1

You should never, ever cold turkey with benzos, it only leads to problems, potentially fatal ones at that (benzo and alcohol withdrawal are the only two I know of that can kill you, both because you can end up having status epilepticus seizures which can and will kill you if you don't get emergency treatment right away).

That's why you always need to taper very, very slowly. For some people, it takes more than a year to taper off (this is usually only for people who were on high doses for a very long period of time)

There is a good guide for tapering from benzos called the Ashton Manual. Google it and it should come up. Gives a very detailed explanation of the process (it was written for both physicians and patients) and tapering schedules for the different benzos. You may need to switch from clonazepam to a less potent benzo, like diazepam, to allow for a smooth taper from a dose as low as 0.5mg (0.5mg of clonazepam = 10mg of diazepam). Always discuss with your doctor first, tho.

yea txn for information and advice guys

i did try tapper of very slowly buth i failed every time i keep going to the same dose everytime so like quiting smoking coldturkey was always the best way for me because i cant tapper of with siggarets to so even i know that its dangerious to stop cold turkey with klonopin i did it any way buth i end it up with concentration problem buth it take a wile to recoverfrom it buth i didnt recover 100 precent buth now i need to take randomly when i feel bad a half dose mostly every 10 days buth i feeling its expanding

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty addicted to klonopin too but I need it because of how helpful it is. It only becomes a problem if I run out as far as I'm concerned right now cuz the kpin's are the only thing keeping me from eating a bullet from my HPPD so hopefully if my HPPD goes away I'll deal with the klonopin withdrawl after that. aka batlle one demon at a time.