Jay 1 - Sinemet Trail

Jay1

Hi, from my experience and reading about others.... I have heard of no serious side effects... I think Sinemet could be worth a try for him... but, as ever... better to ask your doctor.

How is he going with the Prozac?... I tried that when I was a similar age to your son and it made me alot worse. If it is giving him side effects, perhaps look into more natural anti-depressants like 5htp or inositol.

Good luck, I got hppd at a very early age too, so I feel for him... it sounds like your son has a great support system around him. I am sure it is heart breaking to see him suffer like this, but know that,like most difficult things in life.. it does get better over time

Hi,

Thanks for the report back, im interested to know if you have anymore to report in the coming days and weeks. My son is only on 10m of the Prozac as he was very depressed about his symptoms after almost three years and was suicidal. The low dose has done well for him as far as depression but nothing else. We tried to increase his Prozac to 20m a few weeks ago and he freaked out, wanted to kill himself and harm others and had a major panic episode for three days. I almost had to call the mobile crisis unit to take him to the psych ward, but I toughed it out...even though he scares me when he is violent. So he went back down to 10m again and I dont think we will try to raise it again. However i would like to talk with his Doctor about taking him off the Prozac and trying Sinemet. He still takes .5m Kolonipin and that help both his visuals and the severe anxiety, his Dp/Dr went away within the first year and he hardly ever has a problem with that until he gets really stressed or has a panic attack and then everything looks like a cartoon to him and he no longer feels as if he is in his body...but it goes back to normal after he relaxes and settles down. We go through this cycle a few times a month...ups and downs. And YES it is heartbreaking. I myself took Acid and various other things when I was younger, I new he was experamenting and did warn him that he may cause damage to his brain if he did too much or too often. However I never in a million years thought something like this would happen, did not even know of HPPD or I would have for sure done things differently. He is so young and has never has a chance yet, he has such a hard time that I dont know if things will get better for him as he doesn't even know where to begin at repairing or starting his life. I pray for him and all of you with HPPD everyday and hope that things get better soon.

Love and Peace

Mama Dreads

I pray for him and all of you with HPPD everyday and hope that things get better soon.

Love and Peace

Thanks, you sound like a great mum... make sure he knows that the community is here for him and that there are plenty of people on here who have gone on to lead successful and happy lives...

I think sinemet will help him with the out of body symptoms... it sounds like it is really helping people with that particular symptom.

hey guys ive been on .5mg/ of klono twice a day for anxiety. i eventually want to taper it down but what do you guys recommend dosage wise? this might help me alot because the only visuals that are really bothersome are the afterimages and movement but this dissociation feeling and DP/DR is killing me. any advice would be nice.

thank you

Thanks, you sound like a great mum... make sure he knows that the community is here for him and that there are plenty of people on here who have gone on to lead successful and happy lives...

I think sinemet will help him with the out of body symptoms... it sounds like it is really helping people with that particular symptom.

How about the anxiety.....that is really bad for him, he is so nervouse all the time and has sever social anxiety. Will this help, the only thin that seems to help him is taking the Kolonipin, and I am afraid this will only cause more problems in the long run. But with out it he would not function at all.

Findacure, I'm not sure what's been said above, but forcing yourself to exercise and leading a productive life is the key to living w/ hppd. At first you never think you'll be able to work ect....but once you keep forcing yourself outside your comfort zone eventually you'll get used to it and before you know it hppd won't be holding you back anymore.

Anxiety is my worse symptom by far. Without klonopin in the beginning I don't know what I would of done. But now that I've been stuck on it for 13yrs. I'll have to go through hell when it's time to come off. (It's a very serious w/d just always keep in mind)

Melatonin helps me sleep and doesn't have any bad side effects, you can get it at any grocery store just give him 3mg if hes not sleeping from anxiety. Again I didn't read anything but your post above.

Sorry you have to watch your son go through this. It's possible to live a somewhat normal life once you get used to it, I'm married, own a house, cars, have a job ect....you just have to have alot of will power and force yourself to live.

Keep your son on the lowest possible mg. of klonopin that works for him. The Doctors hand it out like nothing, not knowing or caring that 1 mg. is equal to 20mg of valium. Take care! ;)

Sinemet doesn't help or hinder my anxiety.... but I don't have much anxiety anymore. Hopefully some of the other guys can chip in.

Completely agree with 1998.... be cautious of benzos.

As much as it was hell for me to go through hppd without meds for 10+ years (when I found out what hppd was)... It has forced me to overcome things like anxiety and social nervousness, med free.

IMO what is happening is your 'stuck in a shitty state' neurons are now free to work again because they now have enough fuel to overcome whatever the problem was that 'jammed' them. This concept should help people get an idea about 'dosing to enable' not 'dosing to overpower'.

So, it sound like if the med will help you, it will only do so in combination (if it would ever be helpful at all)

One thing good for the forum about your experience is that you had no negative effects even though you apparently don't need the drug. Some people have been afraid they might get addicted and/or get high or hallucinate (or some other weird thing) if they take this drug. There was another guy (Scienceguy) on the DPselfhelp forum that said it was no different than drinking water - zero effect.

So this might encourage those who are afraid of trying this med.

Otherwise (even though you have already adjusted and made a successful life), hope you find a solution...

Thanks Visual... yea, i've said before that my results shouldn't put anyone off... obviously I wish it would have helped me, but I'm happy that it is helping other people and seems like a pretty safe med to try.

Hopefully a few more people will try it without klonopin so the community can build up a better understanding of what it does on its own.

Well, this is interesting to say the least. I will have to log in more often. I can imagine how difficult it would be trying this since I have all new doctors but I'll see how it goes for you guys.

I too am sick of klonopin. 8 years of this crap and I now just live in fear of having to withdrawal. I'm down to 1 mg from 3mg a day and will hopefully be done soon. I want my clearer mind back. I don't think it does anything for me anymore anyway except keep me from withdrawal. So Sick of it.

Well, this is interesting to say the least. I will have to log in more often. I can imagine how difficult it would be trying this since I have all new doctors but I'll see how it goes for you guys.

I too am sick of klonopin. 8 years of this crap and I now just live in fear of having to withdrawal. I'm down to 1 mg from 3mg a day and will hopefully be done soon. I want my clearer mind back. I don't think it does anything for me anymore anyway except keep me from withdrawal. So Sick of it.

Good luck getting off it, I am going through withdrawals now as I have run out of it and won't be able to get it for a while. Although I have not been on it anywhere near that long but the feeling is pretty horrible.

Balance, forgot to add, Soma or Zanaflex (strong muscle relaxers) helped me big time getting from 6.5 to 3 mg. They don't recommend it on benzo boards (antidrug). Stay away from alc. ambien, sonata

Best benzo board/ Benzobuddies.org

Feel better

• 3 weeks later...