Strain/tension throughout my entire body

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else here regularly experiences tension throughout their entire body, from head to toe? I've talked to another person who has HPPD like myself years ago, back when I didn't experience what I'm experiencing now, and he mentioned this very thing. It seems to be related not just to my lifestyle or some "personal" issues, but the HPPD itself... it seems that the HPPD is triggering this stress.

I'm curious about how frequent this is among the community, and what steps people have been taking to fight this condition.

Thanks,

Yury

Guest Yury Arkadin

No spasms... the word "tautness" might better describe the feeling. I also have the problem with neck pain as described in a different post, but I was always under the impression that this had more to do with my pillow and an inadequate mattress; maybe that's not the case?

I've had HPPD for over 10 years. I've talked to David Kozin and he told me that there are certain physical aches and pains that he has that mirror those of others who've also had HPPD for many years. I've just seen too many connections to believe these bodily aches and pains are some coincidence... but of course I could be wrong.

I asked because when starting dopamine agonists for visual symptoms, it was a big surprise to get relief from 'tautness' and discomfort in the body. It is well understood that with motor problems such as Parkinson's disease, damage to dopaminergic neurons are the source. It is treated with Sinemet and other dopamine increasing meds. Since HPPD can respond well to increasing DA, it stands to reason that the malfunction with vision also relates to a lesser problem in muscle tone or control --- need for more dopamine.

• 1 month later...

i get a really aching jaw by the evening unless ive had an especially hppdless day i've noticed

quite annoying thought i might have left that behind with mdma haha, but to be fair i did get it when i was on acid sometimes

definately like its caused from like taughtnesss in my muscles, and other parts of me ache on very bad days, all over on the very worst days

• 1 month later...

I have the same thing man...I thought the tension was from a bad mattress too but it's gotta be from HPPD. My neck and back are the worst because I can feel so much tension if I don't crack it....and when I crack my neck it's the most disgusting thing i've ever heard. It gets me scared because this started happening with the onset of HPPD and even when people hear me crack my neck they assume that something is wrong with me and say that I should get that checked out. This isn't normal but it's interesting that HPPD can cause these types of symptoms. Maybe thats something to look into. It could be related to blood pressure..although my pressure reads normal at the doctors...it might be a pressure problem in the head. I know I have a lot of pressure in the head but I can't really "feel" it if you know what I mean. Like when you have headaches you have pressure in your head and you can feel it..but this seems like it's so much pressure that you can't feel (if that makes any sense) and it manifests itself into other problems that you can feel like the visuals, depression, anxiety, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Since hppd, I've always had a great amounts of tension throughout my whole body (neck, head area most). When I exercise or keep active it doesn't bother me. But just sitting around watching TV I feel like jumping out of my own skin sometimes. This is why I got addicted to muscle relaxers, opiates and klonopin. By far the worse symptom to me.