Can't sleep well at night, psychotic dreams

Hi guys, here I am again, I'm recovered from visual symptoms, they are so few that passsam unnoticed by me all day ... But there is something that bothers me every night, that does not leave me, it seems I was psychotic when I get close to bedtime, I have insomnia, I have real dreams, about five real dreams per night, can not sleep well ... anyone have any psychotic symptom after HPPD?

Stay sober  ;)  ;)

man i had the same thing going on with me until the 3rd month after my onset...i started using lavender oil caps (lasea) to sleep well and after the first week of usage i only noticed slight but remarkable changes in sleeping patterns and after that week i slept better and better (7-9 hours a night without nightmares)..you should try lavender oil capsules lavender is similar to valerian both are completely natural and wont interact with hppd or dp/dr in a negative way so you shouldnt be scared to take these meds..i experienced that they also do wonders when it comes to anxiety and even panic attacks...

get well

man i had the same thing going on with me until the 3rd month after my onset...i started using lavender oil caps (lasea) to sleep well and after the first week of usage i only noticed slight but remarkable changes in sleeping patterns and after that week i slept better and better (7-9 hours a night without nightmares)..you should try lavender oil capsules lavender is similar to valerian both are completely natural and wont interact with hppd or dp/dr in a negative way so you shouldnt be scared to take these meds..i experienced that they also do wonders when it comes to anxiety and even panic attacks...

get well

Hey how many mgs did you take and can you send me a link to the product page? Thanks

do u have Depersonalization still? 

Sigmund Freud, famous psychologist, theorized that dreams are the subconscious insecurities.

u arent psychotic lol. dont believe that. u are probably just having wild dreams because theres a lot of unresolved fears in your subconscious. 

Only you would know deep down

hey

first of all there are ways to deal with your dp/dr panic you must stop obsessive thoughts and existential depression which i know is easier said than done but stop worrying it makes you sick do something that requires your presence in the moment (take long walks and listen to music..that almost always helped me) and forget about everything else while doing that. and if you think your going insane then let go i know it sounds crazy but go insane tell your self its ok no matter how scary it is nothing will happen to you, you will go through it and learn step by step that your dp/dr induced anxiety loses control over you but be patient its not like a light switch - it takes time..believe me im serious ive been through the worst one could possibly imagine when it comes to anxiety and dp/dr

lavender:

i usually take one capsule which contains 80mg lavender oil and i bought my lavender caps (its called lasea) in the pharmacy but i found a link where you can order it http://www.versandapo.de/en/10060/5489626/Lasea.htm

valerian:

i also take one cap - containing 441,35mg dry verlerian root extract which i also bought in the pharmacy and you can order it from the same site http://www.versandapo.de/en/9382/499175/Baldriparan-Stark-fuer-die-Nacht.htm?lastActionId=2

both are nice when it comes to panic or insomnia and these meds are easy to obtain i guess you will find a way just visit your pharmacy or you could also order extracts from several smart shop homepages

and there are other meds which might help, i tested a wide variety of substances myself and found several working.

just remember no matter what you take to calm yourself..only take it if absolutely necessary, try to overcome your anxiety first before using something otherwise you wont teach your brain how to overcome anxiety and you will have to deal with it over and over again the meds are just working like a patch you know.

take it easy man

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, here I am again, I'm recovered from visual symptoms, they are so few that passsam unnoticed by me all day ... But there is something that bothers me every night, that does not leave me, it seems I was psychotic when I get close to bedtime, I have insomnia, I have real dreams, about five real dreams per night, can not sleep well ... anyone have any psychotic symptom after HPPD?

Stay sober  ;)  ;)

Sounds similar to what I'm going through... Some nights I can't get any sleep at all, or just very little... Which is really not helping my condition, naturally... If I'm lucky, I can sleep for like 4-5 hours straight, and that's it... Usually after 1-2 big glasses of wine, which I know I shouldn't drink...

Waking up and going back to sleep has not worked for me so far, I just get bizarre thoughts and anxiety when I wake up, so after rolling in bed for maybe an hour, I decide that it's better to just get up and at least let the thoughts and anxiety go away... I also have real dreams, this night I think I had three or four...  

What do you mean by "psychotic" dreams, though? That can mean a lot...

Sounds similar to what I'm going through... Some nights I can't get any sleep at all, or just very little... Which is really not helping my condition, naturally... If I'm lucky, I can sleep for like 4-5 hours straight, and that's it... Usually after 1-2 big glasses of wine, which I know I shouldn't drink...

Waking up and going back to sleep has not worked for me so far, I just get bizarre thoughts and anxiety when I wake up, so after rolling in bed for maybe an hour, I decide that it's better to just get up and at least let the thoughts and anxiety go away... I also have real dreams, this night I think I had three or four...  

What do you mean by "psychotic" dreams, though? That can mean a lot...

man seriously take some valerian or lavender its natural and non addictive...i had that propblem too and these two did wonders for me but lavender is better for sleep..valerian is better against anxiety...when i was at my worst i took lavender and had 7-9 hours of sleep instead of just 3-5 hours..

I've had insomnia and dreadful dreams (inc sleep paralysis) for 20+ years now, I hate insomnia and hate going to sleep!

Just last night I had a variation on my normal sleep paralysis.... This was even worse than not being able to move.... In my dream I had been bricked into a wall, with just a hole in the wall at eye level. I could not move and any time I looked through the hole, demons were looking in the other side, screaming. I tried the usual technique of shaking my head as hard as I could, but as I was bricked in, in the dream, It didn;t work ... Thankfully, my fast breathing woke my wife up and see eased me out of it.

I swear I will die one day from sleep paralysis.

Thanks for the hint, I took some valerian yesterday and slept relatively well (5-6 hours), I'll definitely get some lavender too.

no problem..im always glad to help someone out... yeah these two meds are always good to have on hand..and there is still something you should know..if you take lavender it might be that it wont work the first few nights you take it but dont give it up, cause for some people it takes time to affect their sleep patterns...for me it took 3 nights...get some ''lasea'' (lavender oil caps) and take one every night half an hour before sleep..i found out it works best this way.

maybe you could also get a lavender extract, tea or even pure lavender oil...but i would buy the caps cause they are already dosed with lavender oil.