Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LethargicAcid

Debilitating Visuals

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone have Debilitating Visuals? Im not talking about DP.

I mean, visuals that impair ability to see/percieve? 

Im talking cant drive, etc..

Light sensitivity and starbursting seem to be worsening and I fear it will start to effect drivin ability.

Light sensitivity and starbursting seem to be worsening and I fear it will start to effect drivin ability.

My reading speed has gone down quite a lot since I got HPPD. I find it hard to focus on text (which is a bit of a problem, given that I have to read a lot). Letters move around and patterns form in the space between the letters. I wouldn't call it debilitating, but it's definitely an annoyance.

I've never trusted myself to drive... Not sure if I would put that down to the visuals or the trippy feeling though... a bit of both, I imagine. If I am in the passenger seat at night, I have to pretty much close my eyes or look down, the oncoming traffic kills my eyes and leaves green streaks all over my vision.

I can still work though, which is very vision based (design and video) and do sports that require good hand to eye coordination.

thanks guys for the replies. interesting, StateofRegret. 

Jay, yeah I feel what ur saying. Afterimages, etc..., we have sensitive eyes. headlights are bad for human retinas anyways. 

Thats good to hear, u can still work. 

Yeah sports are like the best :) . especially for us. helps us feel normal again.