ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR AND A HALF

craig88

Ive been affected by hppd for probably just over a year and a half now..my onset happeni=ed after popping exctacy ....I was on the previous message board before it got shut down, and people if this disorder is new to you ...TRUST ME IT GETS BETTER AND BEARABLE...I still have all th visuals such as static floaters trails after images..but dealig with dp dr has gotten so much better..since having hppd I have not took any medications and still cotinue to smoke and drink..smoke ciggerattes that is , not weed. I did one time smoke weed about a year ago and that flared my symptoms like nobodys business..and also i popped extacy once aswell but that ddint do much to affect it , the main reason why im posting today is becuase i kinda wanna share this as a success story an shed some light..becuase since then i have got a new job in sales that i love..met new peopl..and also have started dating the msot beautiful girlfriend for a year now...I wouldnt say im 100% cured, heck im prolly not even 50% cured...but i have learned to cope with it very well and for the msot part i forget about hppd and jsut live life normally..and still do the things i didn bfore this bullshit..i still go clubbing, drinking, play sports, work out, eat a ton lol, and socalize with friends...the main reason i havent posted here before is cuz i just wanted to forget but i know how it felt int he beggening when i was so lonely and scared but for you people who are new to this please be calm and patient and i PROMISE it does get better!!! feel free to inbox me or w.e but i dont knwo how often ill check this.

• Upvote 8

I'm glad you got better and this kind of post is very welcome. And congratulations for stopping the weed use, it does worsen hppd.

But can I ask you how many books have you read on the subject on that 1.5 year? Or how much time you spent trying to figure out what causes HPPD? Because that's lot of time and you could've added too much to our cause on that time, even if you used just part of our free time.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you got better and this kind of post is very welcome. And congratulations for stopping the weed use, it does worsen hppd.

But can I ask you how many books have you read on the subject on that 1.5 year? Or how much time you spent trying to figure out what causes HPPD? Because that's lot of time and you could've added too much to our cause on that time, even if you used just part of our free time.

well you know what i spend a lot of time maybe the first 6 month but i think that didnt do me very good ..ater a while i just wanted to forget about it and mvo eon wth my life and just take it a day at a time..now i maybe tihnk bout it very rarel and could care less what causes it or makes it better

• 1 year later...

just a quick update from my last post. I hope some of you can read this and feel better bout your situations. I know for some people its really hard and you feel like this thing is never going to get better no matter what you do especialy if your new to it. but seriously itll it better i promise! I am almost 3 yhears with this shit and i stopped looking into hppd for a very long time just cause it helps me forget about it and i can go days without even notcing it now it just feels like thats how i have always felt. I am setell hypersensative to a lot fo things tho even second hand marijuana as a learned this weeked lol ( friends hot boxed hotel room lol) but other then that im doing well.. fulltime job...girlfriend of 2 years and a family that loves me. I am going to start pposting more on this site now that im more calm and i can finaly accept hppd.

I been a year and a half dealing with this too it got better but seems to of got worse again since I have been having alot of stomach trouble dr/dp got better the quickest as for visuals the visual snow light sensitivity is the worst I'm aiming to go down the pharmaceutical route figure a drug caused this so a drug will cure this hopefully anyway

I been a year and a half dealing with this too it got better but seems to of got worse again since I have been having alot of stomach trouble dr/dp got better the quickest as for visuals the visual snow light sensitivity is the worst I'm aiming to go down the pharmaceutical route figure a drug caused this so a drug will cure this hopefully anyway

honestly man I dont know if prescription drugs are the best choice..have u tried doing nything to get ur mind off of it? Like working out or playing sports? all the symptoms you describe are dead on with mine even to this day...but i gues i have learned to cope and accept that this may not ever go away..

Yeah I was going gym all the time playing sport and was going to take up yoga lol gave up pretty much alcohol an weed then got this reflux problem so going to the gym stopped as it made me sick and now I'm in limbo as I'm waiting for tests to be done life is a bitch ATM I want to try the prescription drugs as many people have had success with the likes of keppra to get rid of the visuals for me would be like winning the lottery lol with all the time I've had on my hands lately and all the waiting around I've found myself constantly worrying about my health

• 3 weeks later...

Inter Milan failed to take advantage of Juventus defeat to AC Milan on Sunday as they fell to a 1-0 defeat at Parma. Andrea Stramaccioni wear cheap soccer cleats side enjoyed the lion share of possession throughout but failed to supply enough service to Diego Milito and Rodrigo Palacio up front, and an industrious Gialloblu were rewarded for their perseverance when Nicola Sansone wear adidas f50 adizero trx fg belted in the game`s only goal 15 minutes from time. Winless in two, Inter needed a positive result to keep pace with those at the top of the league, but with just four minutes played it was clear that it would be no easy feat. Aleandro Rosi wear adidas predator absolado lz charged forward and fed Marco Marchionni wide on the right and, in attempting to intercept the cross, Walter Samuel inadvertently sent it towards his own goal. Fortunately for him, Samir Handanovic reacted well to keep it out and avoid an early disaster wear nike ctr360 maestri iii. The Nerazzurri reacted positively and increased their ball retention in order to assert themselves on the game. After Ricardo Alvarez had been felled whilst on a scything run in the 13th minute, Fredy Guarin smashed a powerful shot from the resultant free kick but it only found the side netting wear nike mercurial vapor ix fg. The visitors were unable to make the most of their superior possession and Handanovic was again tested with 32 minutes played. Amauri ran across the defender to meet a cross but his powerful header was straight at the keeper, who palmed the ball to safety. Inter string of corners finally created a clear-cut chance when Guarin wear nike mercurial vapor superfly iii fg deep delivery was sent back into the middle by Andrea Ranocchia, and an unmarked Esteban Cambiasso was unable to steer his header past Antonio Mirante. Jonathan Biabiany watched a shot swerve narrowly wide on the stroke of half-time and he came close again five minutes after the restart. Massimo Gobbi cross was met by the head of the Frenchman but his connection was too weak to send the attempt on target wear nike mercurial vapor viii fg. That chance paved the way for a far more open and stretched second half, in which either side could take the lead. In the 63rd minute it could well have been the Nerazzurri, but once more Mirante made an impressive save. Guarin was the source one more, but his ferocious 30-yard piledriver was turned behind by the keeper. But the inability to create chances for Stramaccioni wear nike tiempo legend iv elite men was punished finally punished in the 75th minute. Sansone, who had been quiet for much of the evening, surged into the Inter half and skipped past a weak tackle from Guarin before rifling an effort past Handanovic and into the bottom corner. Defeat means the Milan-based club drop to fourth in the table - four points adrift of Serie A leaders Juventus - while Parma rise to an impressive seventh place wear adidas world cup sg. Inter Milan: Handanovic; Ranocchia, Samuel, Juan Jesus; (Duncan 86) Zanetti, Guarin, Cambiasso, (Livaja 90) Nagatomo; Alvarez; (Coutinho 73) Palacio, Milito. Parma: Mirante; Rosi, (Benalouane 74) Zaccardo, Paletta, Gobbi; Acquah, Valdes, Marchionni; Biabiany, Amauri, Sansone (Belfodil 78).

I hear you Craig, I've had HPPD for around.. I don't know, 6 or 7 years, I never was one to keep count of things like that, I found it as just another form of dwelling on it. It really does get better though, this is true. I consider myself 80% cured for sure, I only suffer from snow and the movement of objects if I stare at them. There needs to be more posts like this on here for newcomers to see that there is hope in this condition where there seems to be none.

• 1 year later...

Just want to bump this thread and give a little update... Its obviosly been more than 4 years now having this condition....I can tell you guys especially the newbiesss..that this shit get BETTER and like i said before I PROMISE it does get better.. I still have all the visuals..trails, static, floater, etc..Even soe brean fogg...But the best part about it is that I can cope.. and honestly believe that thats what this whole forum is about..is learning to cope..Do something that will get your mind of this shit..For me I can go DAYS not even realizing I have this shit...I have a full-time job..GF and am starting school in a week...And when I had first got this whole hppd I had none of those things, i felt hopeless. As far as my social habits..I dont smoke weed..I do still drink and party which it does kidna flare things up but It just feels like a hangover to me now anyways...I also can now drink coffeee and energy drinks which is kinda nice..Im writing this kind of quick and if theres anything you guys wanna hear from me..questions or anything..just let me know Ill be happy to answer!