What do you guys do for a living?

Matt

Pushing through social phobia is probably the most important step to grabbing back your life. The first 3 years of hppd, I was almost housebound, i was so anxious.... But slowly started to push myself into social situations and it got better... Still not great, but better.

This the damn truth! I spent the first year and a half inside my house staring at computer screens and waiting to die. I literally had to have a good friend of mine follow me around for months reassuring me that I was fine in most every situation I began to feel apprehensive about. I still fall into that ugly groove of social insecurity sometimes, though. Thank god for the few truly understanding people.

• 3 weeks later...

If I wasn't working for family is be homeless, probably dead. I worked independently for close to two decades but the stress of working in the corporate structure and its politics are bad enough without this condition and I know the difference. Faced with having to go back to that highly competitive dog eat dog environment I'd get eaten alive at my age. 20 years and still clinging on to some semblance of hope that the tide will one day wash a solution a shore.

• 2 weeks later...

I was an audio editor working in low light conditions in a building full of machines, staring at multiple high def high res large monitors when my visuals symptoms became too much to bare. I have not recovered. The height of the symptoms started in 2011 after a difficult recovery from pneumonia which had me hospitalized. Now that I take fludro cortisone visual snow has mostly gone but the other symptoms remain. I no longer work, still fighting disability, and am basically a behavioral and autonomic mess if I leave my house. I'm mostly a shut in who stays in bed and it sucks. I miss my old career. ):