Soul singer interview - Interesting comment

Jay1

I was reading an interview with Bettye Lavette, she is not a household name, but sang with the likes of Otis Redding, James Brown and Co.

There is a paragraph in in about taking LSD with George Clinton that really stood out.

"You’re like the female Zelig – you’re even there at the birth of psychedelic funk with George Clinton, dropping acid while he’s wearing a diaper. Fun night?

Well, yeah, as much as I can remember. But he did that several times. They [Funkadelic] were really wild. That was the first and last time I dropped acid. The stuff stays in your system for so many years, it’s only been about 10 years that I haven’t seen any kind of residuals from it: a burst of bright light or everything going stroboscopic for a split second. I don’t understand how anyone could take it on a regular basis, and I wonder where their mind is now."

Doesn't sound like hppd, as such, but yet another bit of evidence to add to the collection.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jan/15/bettye-lavette-interview-otis-redding-worthy-album

Jay, i once was talking to the diaper man at a music shop.

Wow that sounds psychotic. LOL

Not GC but the other guy in the band. 

I also remember seeing this live: 

'Babbling' Kabbabbie (live 99) - George Clinton P-Funk ... - YouTube

I think this video was day one though ...cuz Bootsy was there.  Can't remember the day exactly  LOL

• Upvote 5

Jay, i once was talking to the diaper man at a music shop.

Wow that sounds psychotic. LOL

Not GC but the other guy in the band. 

I also remember seeing this live: 

'Babbling' Kabbabbie (live 99) - George Clinton P-Funk ... - YouTube

I think this video was day one though ...cuz Bootsy was there.  Can't remember the day exactly  LOL

Hahahah, you saw that live? Man that's the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time. Great guitar riffs.

"If I went to medical school I'd be a booty doctor" :D

On topic, the first book I read after getting HPPD was The Valkyries by Paulo Coelho. When I read this it was like a sign of hope for recovery and that my HPPD will pass some day.

"

The air was heavy.

He decided to go out right away–without tying his sneakers,

he started to leave, but realized that he really wasn't feeling well.

Could it be something I ate, he said to himself.

But when he ate something that was off, his entire body usually gave him a signal, and he knew that. He wasn't nauseated, didn't feel like vomiting.

Just a kind of dizziness that didn't seem to want to pass.

Dark. The darkness grew; it seemed like a gray cloud around him.

He felt the dizziness again. Yes, it had to be something he had eaten–Or maybe an acid flashback, he thought.

But he hadn't tried LSD in five years. The delayed effects had disappeared after the first six months, and never returned."

Again, probably not HPPD, but derealisation, flashbacks, visual disturbances? A light version I suppose.