Seroquel

My doctor put me on a very low dose of trazodone 25mg to help me sleep, they indeed help me sleep. Since she has me coming in every few weeks since my incident first started to keep an eye on me i asked her today if maybe these were making me worse or at least prolonging it, though i haven't seen much change either way from using it. She doesn't think i have HPPD, though she never heard of it she said she knows the symptoms she just never heard it classified this way(she works with addicts for the past 20 years.).  She said maybe some Seroquel might be a good idea as a sleep ad, i took the prescription and did some research and Seems to be mixed. Its a also a very low dose 25mg again. She very reluctant to use drugs to fix a problem that drugs induced but she thought that would be the easiest on my body/mind. I was going to try them tonight but I'm going to hold off for now and see what you guys think, I'm seeing her in ten days so if i don't take them i want a reason why either way. Have any of you tried this medication and did any one get any worse from it?

I would go fill the bottle and then throw it at your doctor. Get some Temazepam. I know it is a benzo but I never found it addicting, that is just my 2 cents. If you just need something for sleep that is the best option IMO. Is it just for sleep or do you need it for some other reasons? If it is just for sleep why would she put you on something that acts on a bunch of different parts of your brain. I know a lot of doctors do this and I think it is dumb personally. The only reason I would see a doctor doing that is if they think you might be slightly psychotic, depressed or bipolar and wants to test the waters and see how you react to the medicine.  

• Upvote 1

I would go fill the bottle and then throw it at your doctor. Get some Temazepam. I know it is a benzo but I never found it addicting, that is just my 2 cents. If you just need something for sleep that is the best option IMO. Is it just for sleep or do you need it for some other reasons? If it is just for sleep why would she put you on something that acts on a bunch of different parts of your brain. I know a lot of doctors do this and I think it is dumb personally. The only reason I would see a doctor doing that is if they think you might be slightly psychotic, depressed or bipolar and wants to test the waters and see how you react to the medicine.

She's against any kinda pam medication at the moment since she truly doesn't believe that it's hppd, she set me up an appointment with a phycologist I'm just waiting on the call. She is trying to help, it's just for sleep. That medicine is used all the time for sleep aid at that dose, the pharmacist knew right away it was for sleep. If it was used for anything else she would have given me a higher dose. Hppd is still relatively unknown, she probably doesn't know that those pills could possibly make it worse that's why we need to do our own research. She the one who set my appointments ten days apart so I know she cares, she hardly wants to give me meds tells me to try to sleep without them but also says sleep is very important right now so here's a low dose to help you sleep. I'll talk to her about it during my next appointment and try to sleep with no aid and see how that goes. Though I'd still like to hear others input on the subject.

I mean you can always just try the Seroquel. Temazepam is a hypnotic benzo vs a sedative. It is prescribed for sleep and works very differently than xanax or any other benzo. There are some horror stories about coming off of seroquel that is why I would be careful with it. 25 mg might work for you now but when will you need 50 than 75 and 100? 

• 4 weeks later...

I tryed Etumina, a similar medication. Few moments later of took, I was feeling myself the most crazy that I never had felt before. Depressive, maniac, raged, visuales were fucking me the most... the surprise was the next day at morning. I had to go to dentist with GF and play a football match, and I felt the most normal that I had felt since I started with symptoms. I was lucid, happy walking for my avenue, feeling that I felt when I was normal... with a little sensation of be little smoked.

Maybe you can stand what I felt when I remember now that day 100%. Conversations that I had, faces of people that I met...

I never took again for side effects... I think they are really strong for my mind, but maybe benefits are better to si de effects... Maybe i will try again, because my pshyacrist want to put me on Etumina again, and my parents want me to do that him says.

Conclusion, side effects really strong, but benefits visible since first and unique dose.