searching people with sinemet experience

umit

Have you done a search on Sinemet?   You'll find a lot of info that way

I've used it for 6 years now.  Am one of those who respond very well to low doses.  As far as mood effects: less anxiety, less depression, more positive outlook, clearer focus/thinking.  Every couple of months I'll discontinue and see where things are.  Then start again after 1-3 weeks.  The effects on mood improvement are dramatic at first, then settle down to something inbetween ... so it isn't 100% cure.

There are some who have reported it fixing DP or DR or both.  Then there are some that it has no more effect than drinking a glass of water.

It did nothing for me, unfortunatly. Worth a go though, for sure.

Shadownplay.... I can't see how anyone taking Clonazepam can be considered cured, they will have to come off the med at some point and it will be hell.

Scary stuff,, I often feel a bit judgemental when I comment about people using Klonopin on an everyday basis, but that shows the reality. I couldn't imagine going through that and also dealing with the re-emergence of full hppd as you taper down.

The term is 'management' not 'cure'.  But really, if a person takes Klonopin for life because it improves their standard of living ... so what.  It only becomes a problem when doctors stop prescribing it, which has happened to some on the forum.  There is a gal on DPselfhelp who has been taking 6mg Klonopin for 23 years.  It helps her but it would probably be very difficult if they took it away from her.  In the mean time, she is active in her life, primarily helping others with various illnesses.

It took Klonopin for a couple years (0.5 to 1mg / day).  It was unpleasant to get off and I used other things to help the transition.

No one wants to depend on meds, we want to be well.  In the end it is a matter of making the best of life.

Overall, Sinemet has resolved most of my visual symptoms even when I stop taking it.  But there are non-visual symptoms that require increased dopamine to function better.  None of my past or current problems have been because of Sinemet.  That can't be said of all meds.  And there are huge differences between individuals.

From everything I have read, being able to stay on Klonopin for 23 years is very much the exception to the rule, even if a doctor is willing to prescribe for life. Tolerance builds to a level where you are just staving off withdrawal, much like any other physical addiction.

I may be wrong on that though... As I said earlier, I don;t want to appear judgemental... Do what you gotta do, just know the dangers. Imagine losing your prescription on vacation... Scary shit.