Can LSD/mushrooms reverse Hppd?

Raze

Has anyone tried take lsd or mushrooms or DMT after u got Hppd to reverse it, ????

Beeing alone with perfect set ,,setting  

At this point im really up for whatever works.

Make a drug list and short what u think about its effects ..

antipsycotics - NOT worth it 

benzo - doctor wont give me cause '' history of druguse ''  

Anti dep -  Havent tried 

opiates - how to get that .. seems to work for some

Weed - Helps in everyway except the visuals which CANT get worse in my case anyway 

so i will grow some plants later

Alcohol - Drink about 1-2 beer everyday .. relaxing 

Absolutely not! Using psychedelics after HPPD onset is like pouring gasoline on the fire. You might get permanently worse, and it will ruin your chances to heal the damage. If you abstain from drugs, you might have a good prognosis of recovery within a 5 year period.

There are no "reversal" methods for HPPD.

Some meds can alleviate the symptoms, but not cure you. Only time and disciplined abstinence of drugs might do that.

the fact that you can still smoke weed without being shot into the depths of hell suggests you still have some hppd boundaries yet to find, if you go looking....

You should 100% avoid any lsd/shrooms.

If this guy wants to play with fire then let him. Love when fools come on here toying with the notion of dabbling with drugs after narrowly escaping becoming the walking dead. Yeah man, psychedelics are really effective in getting out if this hell hole. Keep us up to date on your progress.

• 2 weeks later...

My Visuals cant get worse , my whole vision is flahsed with violet 24/7 .. and my thoughts are as intense , speeded up as they can be 

so i think its a good edea cause it cant get worse ,, a nice trip on lsd or schroms or Mdma crystals , cant get it worse , only if i have a bad trip and then Dpr can get worse but its impossible 

to get a bad trip if im alone in bathtub with sweet music =) 

I thought like you.... after 15 years I thought "this can't get worse"... Then I tried Salvia and my vision issues doubled. I thought my vision issues were at 10/10 beforehand. I now see 3D cogs superimposed onto my vision that never stop cycling.

To think you have reached the wall is incredibly naive .... But then, to think you can't have a bad trip just because of scene and setting shows huge naivety too.

Anyway, you have obviously talked yourself into it, not sure why you even asked for advice.

Also, even if you come out the other end unscathed.... Maybe you have just ruined ANY chance of ever recovering. 

There s no "recovery" in the true sense of the word. The areas that are damaged are done but the plasticity of the brain allows it to adapt however marginally to retain some semblance of normalcy. Why bother even responding at all to a post like this? This question has been asked by others who can't get it and simply don't want the party to end. Hey stupid, think we enjoy sobriety? You don't think some of us here would love to get stoned or rip roaring drunk from time to tme? Can't happen or else risk losing our minds. We've past the threshold, the proverbial point of no return so if you want to be an idiot and dig your whole a bit deeper then trip balls my friend. Take advantage of what mental function you have now or risk losing your marbles completely.

The guy hasn't said how long he has had it, so there maybe a chance of full recovery. If he can smoke weed, then he can't have damaged the same parts of his brain as me, you or 99% of others here.

Agreed but you'd think there's enough info here that would make even asking the question to use or not to use completely idiotic. I mean seriously? If even a person has the slightest imbalance and or distortion of vision due to overstimulation and burnout of neurons and you think the same substances that caused the damage will somehow undo it?

Yeah good luck with that stupid!

Agreed but you'd think there's enough info here that would make even asking the question to use or not to use completely idiotic. I mean seriously? If even a person has the slightest imbalance and or distortion of vision due to overstimulation and burnout of neurons and you think the same substances that caused the damage will somehow undo it?

Yeah good luck with that stupid!

guys before calling me stupid... when i say the visuals cant get worse >> 

This is my vision when i vlose my eyes and when its open to , only time i doesent notice it is when im at computer / TV ... So now u understand it cant get worse .. 

As u know LSD/Schrooms can put u in higher frequency .. Probably a higher dimension, if u see the BIG picture. u know that our thoughts create reality .. so in a higher dimension it would be a chance to Heal it with deep meditation .. cant even meditate now , cause my thoughts are as bad as it get to .. so really it can only get better i think .. 

Theres alot of other reasons that connect to these concepts, in a psycological  . neurological . spiritual ,, subjective perspective.

That seems to be in a higher complex order of information in a holographic, digital  , paralel universe. , when we step outside the program of duality , white and black point of view,,

Even though it can sometimes be a paradox when the pieces of the pussle is not fully organized with perfect ballance. 

Im not stupid.. just see possibilities beyond the illusion of ego,

Thank you for advices,

Knock yourself out man.

I've reached states of meditation that enabled me to beat as best one can beat hppd. You don't need drugs to accomplish this. Drugs are fast tracking awareness. Nothing to be learned because it doesnt take work while meditation does but go ahead, do more drugs. If I was within earshot of your whining I'd force them down your throat.

Your vision isn't as bad when you look at a screen, so obviously you can get worse. My vision is shot when I look at screens, especially TV, where I get severe tunnel vision to the point where everything disappears unless I move my eyes away from the screen.

I'm looking at a screen now and the white areas are a complete mess of flashing blue/green.

You came here looking for an opinion... If one of those opinions is that what you suggest is stupid then you are gonna have to take it onboard.

If you go onto a alcoholics board and ask if a bottle of whiskey will fix your liver problems, you would get a similar response. That is essentially what you are asking.

I'll add another thing.... I assume you enjoy smoking weed and the occasional beer? Maybe your visual can't get any worse, but this trip might mean you can no longer enjoy those two things, like 99.9% of the rest of us with hppd. If I smoke even one toke of green now, I go into a psychotic episode, hearing voices and the worst anxiety I have ever felt. You want that?

Raze,

Guess it isn't quite clear what your goals are.  If it is to be free of HPPD and visual symptoms, then you must discontinue all recreational drugs.  Even though your alcohol use is low, you should at least skip every other day as a minimum.

The idea of using rec drugs to cure damage from rec drugs is problematic.  There has been some interest in using very low doses (sub-hallucinogenic) of such drugs but not much as been established.  And there are a few who claim cures from other such drugs (and many who report further damage from trying the same thing).

As far as how bad it can get ... you can end up catatonic, subjected to ECT and stuck living in an institution for the rest of your life.  Your example of flickering vision is illustrative of your condition and gives us understand of your statement ... but you can still get worse.

On the topic of flickering, you might try meds with anticholinergic effects since that reduces flicker effects.  Some report help using Keppra which is an antisiezure that has that effect.  There are others.  Do you have muscle spams or twitches?

I understand the odds. and yes its a kind of gambling like roulette.

What i know is that miracles can be possible in the right circumstances.

I will give it a try. and discuss  the effect later this week hopefully.

Meds

Alcohol gives almost same effect as benzos for me so i dont see why it would be better to use benzo when its worse addiction pattern .. withdrawal.. 

Doctor thinks im psychotic cause i say that it feels like people are affected by my thoughts sometimes.. but thats quantum physics , meta physics and consciousness 

laws of the universe,  Even though i know its just a feeling most of the time. 

So he have me risberdal.. and i flush them down the toilet.. 

I find these meds interesting 

sobril

lyrica 
SRRI
Sinemet .
Wellbutrin 
Keppra 
Klonopin

Raze-I think there is something to be said about incredibly sensitive people who are uniquely aware of other people's thoughts and feelings which I believe can be heightened by a profound drug experience but sometimes people push the envelope or simply not built to use drugs. That being said, you should absolutely abstain from drugs. You kinda remind me of my young self and although there came a point in time that I knew I had to stop using drugs I falies to recognize that intuitive inner voice and as a consequence I've been disabled by hppd. If I sounded harsh it's because I tend to dispense tough love. Do yourself a favor and don't go down that path thinking drugs will somehow undo this damage. It won't. I say this unto you as though I wish I could speak to young self whose life was flushed down the toilet nearly 20 years ago. If you are still able to function and enjoy the passage of time then don't, absolutely don't do any more drugs and if you're lucky you can understand what it truly means to be happy.

My thoughts exactly... We are not trying to belittle you or even the concept that you can fight fire with fire... Hell, when I hit the 15 year point... I tried amanita muscaria with a similar thinking as you had.... but we are just desperately trying to stop you from popping back here in a month or so and saying that life has become 10X worse. Maybe not visuals, but anxiety, dp/dr, depression.... The things that make this shit truly hellish.

If I were you, I would cash in while you can still enjoy a smoke and a few beers.

Are you saying you see a strobe light effect of different colors constantly. I highly doubt it. I highly doubt your vision is even close to that video you posted. Tell me, do you hear that music too? lol....Describe what you are seeing exactly. Are you just seeing a flash in the corners of your eyes or what? And yes, anything and everything can get worse. Ok let's say you somehow have the worst vision you can possibly get, so what, now what about anxiety, depression, dp/dr, a decline in cognitive areas.....all the other stuff you fail to mention that comes along with this?

Also, if smoking weed isn't literally pulling you out of this universe and throwing you in hell then you got a lot of room to get worse. Quit smoking weed and doing drugs before you start to experience things you wish you never have. My dp/dr comes from smoking weed and doing x. But anyways, I am sure we will hear from you again in a few months regretting that you did some dumb shit and that it obviously CAN get worse and then all you can do is wish you never did it and life becomes a total hell. 

My vision is exactly like that video, flashing colours 24/7 .. and i hear mumble from ventilations when i  try to sleep.. 

Flashing in the entire field of vision. 

Anxiety so bad that i will probably never be able to work around people.

depression  - sucks to wake up .. unless i have a beer. and be alone all day 

dp/dr - unreal thoughts , paranoid about my messed up thoughts affects others .. when im around people

Other than that my psyche is pretty strong. i dont react to my thoughts .. and i have a grouded perspective of my true self 

and self aware. i will consider advices and see what ill do from this point. 

Raze, do you only notice these flashing colours as symptoms of "HPPD"? Or do you have other symptoms that is more common such as after-images, light sensitivity and visual snow?

If you don't then maybe you don't even have HPPD at all. And you seem to have some psychotic patterns for example that you believe people are reading your mind and that you actually wants to trip again. It's very possible that hallucinations appear due to other reasons then HPPD. I've been sober for over a month and eating healthy as well; it hasn't removed any visuals or depression but my body feels super-good. It's like a natural high and I don't have anxiety anymore related to my slight of DP or depression. Try it out!