X-Rays

Steven

Hey Steven- no you won't be effected.  The only things I worry about with my HPPD as far as everyday treatment stuff goes is going under general anesthesia- but most people that have had that here don't report any ill effects.  Some report problems with taking antibiotics but I'm not sure if they effect me in that way.  In any case any of these will not permanently effect your HPPD symptoms so don't worry about it.  Just my two cents.  Stay well brother.

Thank you, WuWei & Jagermeister. 

For completion's sake, I will inform everyone I am referring to a digital, dental x-ray.

*** Of course, one should always consult a medical doctor before making any decisions, your inputs are appreciated. 

Are you two worried about the anesthetic/needle/Novocaine they use for cavity fillings? Have you ever had these?

Tomorrow my dentist will extract me a tooth and repair other, I was last week and I'm positive because he is a genius, not pain, good work, he do magery with him hands.

other clinicals dentis wanted to me pay 800 € for heal two thooths and Im surely that they work really bad. My actual dentist only want 400(half) and all people talk very well about him :)

Sorry, I'm going out of theme. I think anestesia cant worse my hppd, because Im in my baseline, not drugs, not alcohol, so, any complication should be temporary or resolved for itself in next days. Tomorrow I can update my extraction for your safety and calm :)

Have good night

I had today a little surgery to remove a tooth and kill the nervious of the other. HPPD is the same but OH MY GOD fuck shit, a lot of pain!!!!

I'm in amoxicilin ago 3 days and I can see more prominent halos, magic tracers in dark room and dense snow, but taking .25 of xanax, these exacerbations dont hurt me, no more that hppd basseline, guess.

Take care.

I've been to the dentist today and had x-ray too. I didn't feel any impact on hppd. 

But in the room there was a painting at the ceiling (for patients to look at) and it was some 3d-illusion with balls. That was some wild stuff going on there. Watching that made me nearly forget about the tooth repairing :D

StateOfRegret, I'm not extremely familiarized with x-ray technology, I just know that certain places (dental, as far as I know) list their x-rays as digital. I believe the appeal is less significant risk to skin cancer. It'd be wise to check this.

I was under the impression this board was fairly dead, but this is a hot topic for whatever reason... Lets live it up!  

• 3 weeks later...

I've had CT (x-ray) on the brain, colon and twice on the teeth. Besides, I've had an MRI on the brain and the spine.

No HPPD disasters from anything really!

Though the MRI's caused strong feelings of claustrophobia and anxiety, so there were temporary HPPD increases. And the CT on the colon was horrible, drinking rat poison (barium), 24-hour laxatives, no solid food and no sleep. Plus CO2 in the colon and injection of radioactive contrast fluid, now that was a killer!! HPPD increased so much that I lost the ability to focus my vision (still going on a bit). Not to mention the rest of the body.. Like being run over by a dump truck!

But I survived everything..

So don't worry about dental x-rays! It's the easiest of them all!