Velvet Bean Extract

Hey guys and gals,

For my fellow HPPDers who benefit from Sinemet and other dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine precursors, there's an alternative supplement at your disposal! Velvet bean extract, trademarked as DopaBean is proven to be just as efficacious, if not more than Sinemet in ameliorating HPPD symptomatology; it possesses 15% L-DOPA and 5% catecholamines, ( I'm presuming norepinephrine and epinephrine). If anybody on this forum is currently taking this supplement, I'd love to hear your feedback on any positive effects its had on you. I started dosing a few weeks ago, and inherently have more energy throughout the day and it also stimulates my motivation, albeit it doesn't alleviate my DR.  I just thought I'd divulge this awesome supplement I stumbled upon for anybody looking for a natural source of L-DOPA as neurologists can be apprehensive to prescribe a PD medication in this epoch. Have a great night, everyone.

Holy shit, I didn't know it had trace amounts of tryptamines! Personally, I haven't experienced any psychedelic effects from taking the recommended dose, but that could be antithetical to the L-DOPA it delivers for sufferers who have a higher sensitivity to supplements and meds and could exacerbate HPPD symptoms for sure; good call, Jay. I'd imagine you'd have to take an excessive dose to trip, but everybody's biochemistry is different.

Velvet bean extract, trademarked as DopaBean is proven to be just as efficacious, if not more than Sinemet in ameliorating HPPD symptomatology;

Outright claims of ''proof'' really need to be followed by some ''proof'' in cases like these. Saying that something is proven to be true is really quite different from saying that you suppose it might be true, or that it may turn out to be true for some people.

• Upvote 1

Outright claims of ''proof'' really need to be followed by some ''proof'' in cases like these. Saying that something is proven to be true is really quite different from saying that you suppose it might be true, or that it may turn out to be true for some people.

I can't locate any medical literature bolstering its legitimacy as a Sinemet alternative, I'm quite enthusiastic and grandiose at times. Albeit, it is employed in Ayurvedic medicine, and has been since ancient periods to treat PD. All I can really provide is anecdotal accounts. Medical research has dictated that a 30g dose can be as effective as carbidopa/levodopa in treating symptoms of Parkinson's, and conversely it can be applied to HPPD sufferers. Again, this is speculation, but empirical evidence does exist. I was just offering a prospective alternative to Sinemet with a pinch of optimism. :D

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1020-mucuna%20pruriens%20(cowhage.aspx?activeingredientid=1020&activeingredientname=mucuna%20pruriens%20(cowhage

http://examine.com/supplements/Mucuna+pruriens/#summary_full