Im very young. I'm 15 years old. My brain is probably not big, at all. And my doctor said I may have drained all of the serotonin out of my brain. I read forums on here saying that 5Htp helps with the depression HPPD brings. Just last night, I wanted my life to end. I want the depression to stop. Will 5htp help with that and anything else that has to do with HPPD

Some people report it made their symptoms temporarily worse. I tried it and didn't notice any problems, I think it helped with my depression a little and helped me sleep.

Inositol is good too, if you can afford it.

I would try 5htp, if it starts to make your visuals worse... Then stop and try Inositol.

Good luck.... I had depression at 15 too and it can seem like a very lonely world... But keep on fighting, things can get better if you treat your body and mind well.

Okay. thanks jay! I've noticed cigarettes may be making my symptoms worse.. Or it may be the medication I'm taking. Can't figure out which. But I'm getting more liquid for my electronic cigarette, and it will be 0mg nicotine so if its the stimulant making my hppd worse, that will be solved.

hey cliqwer, i am also 15 and depressed. i quit cigs about 2 months ago and my visuals have gotten a fair bit better 15 to 20% better id say. Try velvet been extract, its at gnc and goes by the name l dopa it raises your dopamine and energy levels a ton other than that 5-htp has had a fucking ton of people say it worsened their visuals and for some caused their visuals. id recommend you dont even try it

• 3 weeks later...

Stay away from 5htp extracts.. The only 5htp (serotonin) you should be getting is from your own brain's production and dietary sources (dairy and poultry).

Read more in this wiki article:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan

And remember, you have HPPD and is still a teenager.. Which means depression is unavoidable! ;-)

Try to counteract the real-world causes of depression.

If you never go out, go out. To little friends, try to make new friends.. Etc, etc..

There's no magic bullet for depression, sorry..

• Upvote 1

Fuck I know I have this shit worse than some adult members on here solely because I got it the same exact month I noticed I was hitting puberty. It's sad to think about cause it sounds like it might be permanent, I got brain damage and then grew a foot in less than a year, I just feel like my brain grew with hppd and it won't go away now