48 Hour Water Fast

Hey everybody just wanted to let everybody know that I fasted a few days ago. The only thing I ingested for 48 hours was filtered water and mineral water. I experienced some clearer thinking during the fast but other than that I wouldn't say it did much. My depth perception has gotten slightly better but it has been getting better for quite some time now so maybe that would have happened without fasting? I have noticed that my good moments (minimal amount of symptoms) have become a little better than before but the bad moments are still there.

I appreciate food more after the fast and chew my food a little more but I wouldn't say it made any impressive improvements in my symptoms. Does anyone else have experience in this?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I'm experiencing more benefits from the fast a few days after. I feel cleaner and renewed. My vision keeps on getting better. Last night I drank a lot for my friend's birthday and my visuals did not get worse today (they always did after a night of drinking). I'm 16 months in and I think if I keep on staying away from drugs I should heal to at least 90% "back to normal". I am definitely planning on doing another water fast in the near future again.

im on my second fast this week, im trying to make this one 15 to 25 days. the reason im doing another one already is i just realised school is gonna start soon. im a sophomore now so it cant be as bad as last year but im doing the fast in hope of it making my mind more clear. last year was literally traumatizing ive never been so close to suicide. fuck i even switched schools, no one picked on me and i have a lot of friends there its just i dont think i could handle the memories wether i get better or not. you HAVE to do a longer fast brake, after 3 days you go into ketosis wich acts on your body the same way keppra does and they both have been used for epilepsy

48 hours isnt very long as you say, reckon your longer fast will be very interesting. Good luck with it. To make transition to fasting easier i would do a ketogenic diet prior to total fast as this will make the transition easier, ie you have to just adjust to hunger and not to switching to ketosis.  I did a 5 day water fast a while back, it did make me feel lighter but no permanent benefit.

Yes this time I will cut out all sugars, breads, and fruits for 3 days before the actual fast. I don`t think I will be able to do the 72 hour one anytime soon because I need energy to do my job so I`ll just do a 48 hour one again during the weekend but start it while I`m already in a state of ketosis.