not to long back i got into a fight at my high school, this wasnt my first one i know how to fight, but this was my first one with hppd. the fight started, i won, but it was so strange, i had so much adrenaline pumping and i dont know why he was weak and easy to take down. it took me about 3 hours to even realize what happened and i have very little memory of it to. for several days i was in a constant ready to fight feeling as if the fight still wasnt over and i had thoughts such like, "hes waiting outside", "hes gonna spraypaint my house", or even "what if this dude comes into my house at night and kills me and my family!" This kid wouldnt have done ANY ONE OF THOSE but i just couldnt shake those thoughts. during this time especially right after the fight i felt like i was floating above the ground, crazy right! has anyone gotten into a fight with dp/dr or hppd?

It sounds to me, although I am by no means any expert, that you were simply entertaining these worst-case scenarios which could fall under the category "intrusive thoughts", not uncommon for people with anxiety and something everybody experiences from time to time. I´m guessing these thoughts disappeared when you decided to pay less attention to them.  In the end it could be as a result of an internal conflict. The fact that he was "weak" may have made this situation more complicated for you versus a fight against a stronger/equal opponent .Also now that you´ve become older you´re having a harder time dealing with the fact that you imposed violence on another person, which in my opinion should be regarded as a positive sign. Trying to understand the underlying causes behind your reaction might provide some insight to your values as a person.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I got in a fight in February. Bar fight, got into it with 3 guys and ended up getting hit in the face with a bottle twice and broke my nose(second time getting my nose broken with a bottle, first time it was thrown at me and the bottle actually broke). All fights to me seem like they go by pretty fast and have horrible memory of them, I guess this is due to the adrenaline rush. You probably felt pretty good after the fight since you won I assume and you might have had some kind of natural high good feeling going on, this could cause that walking on clouds feeling. And I think it is pretty normal to think that the person you just beat up is going to retaliate even though you know they aren't. I have been in a few fights in my life and have never lost 1 on 1 but I have been beaten up more than I have won lol because of getting jumped and every time I get jumped I never think about them retaliating but when I win I always get this nervous feeling afterwards like I have to watch my back. But always feel good after any fight win or lose, I feel it gets any built up anger out of me and I usually do get some sort of high from it afterwards. I have to agree 100% with Jimmy, it is better to walk away than fight any day of the week. The only time you fight is if you have to 100%. All my fights have been because of defending some kid getting bullied, besides 1 time it was my fault, I was drunk and got my ass beat by 8 black kids lol. So next time just walk away and if they talk shit just tell them you aren't a kid anymore you are a man and you have better stuff to do with your time than fight. Sounds corny but that is what you have to do.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fighting in general is rather easy as long as you know something the other guy doesn't and these days it's easy to be the guy who knows a thing or two. However, it's not worth fighting unless you absolutely have to because you can't do the same trick on them twice or they'll just bring extra protection. Even though I have had a black belt in Tae Kwon Do for over 14 years I have not been in the position to need to use it in public. It wouldn't be fair and the last thing I would want is to be caught not having been registered as a deadly weapon. The reason why I think I haven't needed it is because the confidence it brings allows me to know I always have a backup plan if talking doesn't work and having the gift of gab always helps.

On the HPPD side of things you didn't experience anything out of the ordinary for non sufferers because adrenaline causes all of those symptoms you mentioned other than maybe the extra amount of anxiety afterwards.