ok so awhile back i had been experiencing common hppd symptoms (snowy vision, after images, anxiety, mild 25i flashbacks), but as time went on these things faded (except afterimages). now ive noticed that when im watching tv or focusing on any one thing, everything around that object will start to fade to a fuzzy beige or grayish color. if i redirect my focus or blink it goes away, but if i keep on then my entire field of vision turns this color. is this a symptom or am i just tripping myself out over nothing ? any response is good

• Upvote 2

I never had severe color changes like you but if I focused on a object my peripheral vision would start moving and swaying. Sometimes the object itself would start moving, swaying, or breathing also and if I blinked or changed my focus it would go away. I would say what you are experiencing is similar to that even though you are seeing colors and I movement. So yeah I think its normal.

• Upvote 2

It happens to me a lot.... After around 5-10 seconds watching tv, the peripheral vision sort of flattens and goes to nothing (but flashes about 5-6 times a second). Nowadays I have trained myself to slightly move my eyes as I am watching, this puts an end to the tunnel vision effect.

The strangest is when it happens when I am looking at my cat, after about 20 seconds all I can see is the cat's head appearing to float in the flashing emptiness!

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that the washing out of your visual field is quite normal for anybody who's trying to pay attention to something like that but if objects in your visual field that are more towards your peripheral start to breath or door frames begin to vibrate that's when you know you more than likely have HPPD.

It's amazing you mentioned the floating cat head because I had an instance where I was half asleep and one of my eyes has a habit of not always being closed all of the way and my dog's head appeared to be floating in front of my face and as I drifted to sleep the head slowly flew through a completely open and barren window into the world outside that looked dark and about to storm.

• Upvote 1