Hppd = Kundalini

Raze

well.. u can get kundalini from some drugs, it opens up third eye and releases the energy from the lower part of spine, and it goes up through all chakras , energy centers up to crown , and thats why u see colours when u close eyes ,, and expanded consciousness..etc

so whats the difference in your opinion?

I am not gonna go into this too much but there is nothing about these claims that makes sense. Why we see what we do is because neurological changes that has been explained numerous times. Posted a vid not long ago about just how illusions and hallucinatons appear while intoxicated with drugs etc. Its nothing magical, its just how the brain can manifest itself

• Upvote 1

Well, in terms of Vedic theory the chakras and awakening Kundalini channels deals with the subtle body.  HPPD deals with the brain and neurology (ie the physical body).  It's like having a heart attack and thinking your heart chakra opened.  Just my $0.02.

• Upvote 2

Perhaps there is a similarity in that people seeking 'spirituality' find that general life is lacking in fullness and meaning.  So 'mind expanding' drugs opens up a new world/experience.  They focus on the 'trip' and feel it adds meaning. 

The meditation in Kundalini can bring effects felt in near-death experiences.  Hallucinatory drugs can be overdosed (death), underdosed (nothing), or dosed to 'trip' (somewhat-near-death).  Of course what is 'spiritual' is a different topic.

• Upvote 1

Kundalini experiences produce blissful states... the opposite of what I've felt from HPPD :P

I've never had Kundalini I don't think but I have had some "no self" experiences while living at the meditation center and I assure you they don't have anything to do with HPPD or the body in general.  They are extremely blissful and peaceful beyond words.  Yet... they faded to a nice memory and here I am :)

Not true^

Ive posted about this before. Kundalini awakaning has driven people mad. It is commonly unpleasant , and theres tons of reports of people getting "stuck" with visual snow, auras, etc. I remember when I first began researching HPPD, I stumbled across a kundalini awakaning support group. The parallels where not only obvious but startling as well. There have been amultitude of reports of people having mental/psychological and perhaps neurological changes from numerous spiritual practices. These changes arent necessarilly damage. Its how you adapt to them or handle them.

• Upvote 1

Interesting.  I've never read about "Kundalini Syndrome" before. 

I don't know, anything's possible.  I don't know of anyone who's had any transcendent experiences or spiritual growth (which is the end result of the Kundalini process as I understand it) linked directly with HPPD (ie the HPPD caused it) so I doubt the two have much to do with each other.

Now if you want to talk about HPPD in the framework of Grace or "a power greater than yourself" that's a whole other ball of wax. 

• 2 weeks later...

I actually believed I had a kundalini awakening (still do, though don't put a massive amount of emphasis on it as its more rounded to be skeptical) before I got HPPD, around 2 months before. Along with my symptoms of HPPD I can also feel energy (sounds crazy I know) with my hands. I can feel the energy blocks in my body and places with problems. I use reiki to treat these blocks. The first time I "felt energy" I was at a kundalini yoga class, and we did a specific gesture to "clean our aura" and thats when I first felt it. I always feel a lot of intense energy in my third eye and crown, and actually around my left hip, and have building success at treating these things.

On a note regarding the spiritual and HPPD, I sometimes find that meditation can make it worse. So when I first open my eyes after coming out of a long meditation I tend to have flickery vision, bad trails and intensified visual snow. There was one exercise which we used to do in kundalini yoga which would always make me "trip" and harder than any hallucinogen I've ever done.. I did ask my teacher if this was normal and she said no :P I also saw someone post something about bineural beats. I did use them a lot last summer and for perhaps a year previous to it and I didn't really find them all that useful and in fact, yes they would make me "trip" a lot and also the following consequences of that was a lot of anxiety. 

I appreciate my post might be a bit woo-woo and sound like quackery to a lot of you, and I wouldn't usually divulge this information, even to most of my friends :P but its come up in conversation and might be of use to a few of you :)

Kundalini has a lot to do with the chakra system and I do think its good to have a general knowledge of them as it can help your circumstances. You can kind of work out which areas of your life (or your chakra system) are overactive or underactive and this at least gives you a frame work of working on the chakras/areas of life that are "underactive." Going from the spiritual perspective I would say that having HPPD would also mean that we are ungrounded, so it is important to ground yourself, (go out side, sit in nature and spend some time feeling connected to the earth and living things around you- this will really help with derealisation! It has helped me a lot. Even doing soem gardening will work wonders for you! It is all about doing something physical and "real." Even doing chores like cleaning and tidying can help you a lot if you stay in the moment and concentrate on the task at hand. 

Right guys I have to go and I haven't really proof read this post but I must dash off to work! I read this post last night and felt like I had to reply so a quick rough post will have to do for now :P

• 3 years later...

The idea is that psychedelic experiences stimulate the kundalini channel at the base of the spine,  which triggers a flow of "energy" that produces blissful experiences. In my experience as someone who had severe hppd along with severe mood illness, the truth is kundalini awakening is a physiological evolution based around the sexual organs. I don't know the specifics but for me it's as if my testicles detached from some constricting channel and now flow internally. The Egyptians spoke of a technique during ejaculation where sperm is redirected to the bladder instead of being expelled from the penis. Only spiritual adepts were able to pull this off,  and as a result they experienced divine insighT, youthful energy and much more including visual and aural distortions similar to hppd. I have experienced similar things from psych use and later long long yoga and meditation sessions. Deep purple pools of color overcome my sense of vision whenever I relax enough to allow the flow of "energy" to travel through NY kundalini, up from the waist into my cranial and back down, tracing through the arms,  legs, fingers and toes. Look, the truth is this energy is actually sperm traveling through some alternative channel that produces similar feelings to sexual feelings. It feels like only one is flowing internally,  the other functioning as usual. IDK the details,  just wanted to share my side of the story. I wish a doctor could elucidate the situation but no ones ever come close to understanding these things. The only reason I know this much is because I had crippling emotional illness that I overcame via hours of deep deep kundalini breathing and yoga every day for multiple years. I am young so I can take control of my body and future if I'm so inclined. I wish I could protect people from these dark aspects of our lives but I feel there are people who want us to suffer. 

My last message is trust your body. Please don't let ppl lead you away from your own feelings. Your feelings are the manifestation of your physiological state. Listen,  and act accordingly. And don't be surprised by anything,  because the truth can be absolutely "insane". Focus on your health don't believe the ppl who tell you your problems are due to "demons" or "thought forms", that spooky spirituality is all bs and the product of the ever potent human mind. 

Sorry I forgot to add my emotional issues came from blockages in the kundalini path that were very severe and now are almost gone. Cranial pressure due to internal wax cloggage, kundalini improperly rising and getting caught between joints (hips specifically). I caution anyone who feels imbalance in physical sensation between the legs,  arms, shoulders, Hips etc. For me this signaled severe systemic blockage that truly was the bane of my existence. Please be mindful of your internal condition as it is possible that hppd is related to unknown physiological changes produced by psych. Experiences. Hopefully we will have the support to research this connection soon as I can't bare the thought of people suffering as I did, with less loving and understanding family or tougher life circumstances.

Peace love and harmony ?

Edited by barrano247