Sleeping images

mbellamy09

when you guys are trying to sleep do you sometimes "see things"? the reason its in quotations is because i dont know if thats how to describe it. i sort of see images, but at the same time i dont, its weird. sometimes they can be disturbing then my anxiety kicks up and very hard to get to sleep.

anyways just seeing if anyone else experiences this and what do they do to help. im already on klono so its not terrible i guess.

Yes, I have had such images. Upon studying what caused it I found they were a normal phenomenon a part of this state; Hypnogogia. However, in my case years of stress and burnout had prolonged this "waking/ dreaming borderland" state significantly. Since there was so much stress hormones in my body, it could not kick me off to full sleep properly. Sometimes I spent hours in bed shifting in and out of hypnogogia before finally falling asleep. It has gotten better since my general stress levels has decreased. And these images can be quite disturbing and distracting, I know.

Don´t worry too much about it.. It´s more of a signal that something is interfering with your sleep, usually it´s stress or anxiety.

• 3 weeks later...

I get the same thing. Used to see grotesque faces all the time. Has mostly stopped (except for the occaisonal geometric shape) after ceasing drug use.

On the other hand, hypnogagic hallucinations, couple with sleep paralysis and daytime fatigue are all symptoms of narcolepsy which I was (mis?)diagnosed with as a result of a sleep study.

Yes, I am excessively tired and even exhausted at certain points during the day but I dont think I have narcolepsy.

• 4 weeks later...

A few months ago, when i am on the top of my panic crisis i usually see some images very difficult to describe. Now. sometimes i only see certain fractal vision when im going to sleep. The fact of stay a long period in front of the computer make it worst.

I get the same. The visuals arent in my mind, they are in my field of vision, the blackness, the void when I close my eyes. Weird undescribable faces that shift and morph. Never in the 14 years of HPPD has this occured until recently but it rarely happens

• 3 weeks later...

I get the same. The visuals arent in my mind, they are in my field of vision, the blackness, the void when I close my eyes. Weird undescribable faces that shift and morph. Never in the 14 years of HPPD has this occured until recently but it rarely happens

The blackness or "void" is exactly what it is! The other night i was falling asleep in a room that was unusually dark, so that opening or closing my eyes didnt make a difference it was pitch black either way. Well normally i'd seen "sleeping images" with my eyes closed and they go away when i open my eyes but this time they didnt because it was still that dark when i opened them and kept seeing things until i turned the lights on. scary.

• 1 month later...

I find these images quite peaceful mine have never been grotesque faces though that wouldn't be comforting as you cuddle up haha what i get normally without fail is just a purple sort of dartboard and it almost feels as if i move through the center and a new one forms and this cycle repeats until i sleep but its sort of a comfort for me now :)

i used to when it was dead bad get this never ending like silouette of a guy with a cap on with a slim build like... dancingg? when i closed my eyes to go to sleep, for like hours on end and when i started to get anxious hed speed up or move more and get id get a more strong outline and then wen i started to reeeaaalllly panic itd like zoom in on his face, and start to see expressions and panis more, then the expressions would get angrier and more grotesque until i calmed myself down (unlikely) or usually went and had a cry an a cuddle with either 1 of my rents or my bf and theyd calm me down

also usually afew nytol tablets but i only take them at very bad times, i know my own addictive personality and sleeping pills too oftne and id really start relying on them

yeah i leave the tv on on volume 8 lol and sleep on my right ear coz my left 1 cant hear as well, on a certain channel at the times i know there are certain mindnumbing american sit coms on so i KNOW they cant send me all west haha.... its all become abit ocd tbh, not good but it helps me sleep so its better than nothing