HPPD FOR 43 YEARS

Tigress7

Hi 

I have posted here previously. But instead of people actually being interested in the fact that I have endured the HPPD scenario for such a long time, I merely seem to have encountered ageism and sexism, and to be blunt 'taking the piss'! . I really wanted to discuss this - I have been in limbo with this 'illness'  for years.  Thanks so much for your understanding. 77

Dearie me - you really are a lovely little elite bunch aren't you? I thought acid was meant to have broadened your horizons? Obviously not!

I am glad of the site - as it taught me about HPPD - and many thanks for that.   But I will not bother to post again.  We have absolutely nothing to learn from each other.

Love & Peace etc

Hi, not sure what happened last time you visited but it doesn't sound like you encountered the usual people on here. Most people are very welcoming and interested in hearing how people cope. Especially us long termers.

There are several people here in their late 30s, 40s and 50s+ that get no problems with ageism. Same with the numerous women that have used the forum, i've never seen anything but respect for them for joining.

I just had a look through your posting history to make sure no one was bullying, I don't see anything?

Do you mean the old forum perhaps? The data from that forum was tragically lost a couple of years ago.

Tigress7,

On some forums I've seen people get mad at long timers.  It is as if the existence of long-timers threatens them.  Their thinking is, "I'll get over this because everyone does" ... then they read about someone suffering 10...20...30+ years and they freak.

Have also seen people feel it is somehow 'negative' to post anything other than "You will get well soon".  And there have been attacks on those who discuss long-term solutions instead of instant-cures.

These are childlike states that people regress to when fearful.  It does add burden to long-timers - but it is the same burden of a first-born having to care for a last-born.  Its a drag sometimes ... but recognize it for what it is.  And you are 3 times the age of many members...

Like Jay, I haven't seen much problem on this site ... especially compared to others.  But there will always be an element of it.

So don't give up.  Its logical that if you don't get support (or worse) that there is little point hanging around.  But please understand there are many long timers and they appreciate hearing from long timers ... so you are appreciated.

I've read through your posts and found them interesting.  What do you think of Salvador Dali?  Clearly Freud got into his head.  I've always enjoyed his 'distorted' work ... but funny, he paints his wife beautiful.

Is your vision a little fuzzy ... not as sharp?

Besides benzos (which help many HPPDers), have you tried any other meds and how did they affect you?

Hi 

I have posted here previously. But instead of people actually being interested in the fact that I have endured the HPPD scenario for such a long time, I merely seem to have encountered ageism and sexism, and to be blunt 'taking the piss'! . I really wanted to discuss this - I have been in limbo with this 'illness'  for years.  Thanks so much for your understanding. 77

Dearie me - you really are a lovely little elite bunch aren't you? I thought acid was meant to have broadened your horizons? Obviously not!

I am glad of the site - as it taught me about HPPD - and many thanks for that.   But I will not bother to post again.  We have absolutely nothing to learn from each other.

Love & Peace etc

I remember u.. Correct me if I'm wrong but u made a little math error with ur time duration of having hppd and someone made it an issue ... U apologized for it (with some sarcasm) I don't think I seen u again after that.. Please tell me I'm right that would mean my memory is coming back.. Hppd24yearsandutookthechampionbeltfromme..lol..

I remember u.. Correct me if I'm wrong but u made a little math error with ur time duration of having hppd and someone made it an issue ... U apologized for it (with some sarcasm) I don't think I seen u again after that.. Please tell me I'm right that would mean my memory is coming back.. Hppd24yearsandutookthechampionbeltfromme..lol..

I looked back at all of her posts and yes, you are right.