ketamine may reverse neuronal damage!

brendan

• 3 weeks later...

Well, couldnt think of a better cure ;)

But really i did some nitrous just post my HPPD and it did not turn out very pleasent. Not sure what a strong diss. drug would do to me, too risky. Remember reading someone taking the diss. DXM post tripping and it reversed the effect of everything looking "flat".

So, perhaps but i wouldnt dare to go so deep in to another perceptive state without knowing i would turn out at least at where i was before.

Well, couldnt think of a better cure ;)

But really i did some nitrous just post my HPPD and it did not turn out very pleasent. Not sure what a strong diss. drug would do to me, too risky. Remember reading someone taking the diss. DXM post tripping and it reversed the effect of everything looking "flat".

So, perhaps but i wouldnt dare to go so deep in to another perceptive state without knowing i would turn out at least where i was before.

Missjess is making some good advice there; dissociative drugs aren't exactly recommendable with our condition.

This allows mTORC1 to produce the proteins [note: I'm going to assume BDNF here] needed to rebuild lost synaptic connections. As the neuronal damage is reversed, symptoms of depression begin to subside.

In short, what is being hypothesized is that Ketamine induces significant synaptogenesis, thereby mediating its neurotrophic, but also anti-depressant effects.
Some researchers suggest neurogenesis may in part be also responsible, as Ketamine causes an induction of BDNF as I recall; a protein that mediates both synapto- and neurogenesis

Regardless, there are plenty of new substances on their way that are potent synaptogenic and neurogenic substances (e.g. Dihexa and 7,8-DHF/NSI-189/ISX-9 respectively). To me, it would make more sense to target the underlying mechinisms through which beneficial effects occur, rather than to utilize Ketamine, which seems a bit like an indirect method to achieve them. The latter I'd understand being utilized in depression when it is a time-sensitive issue, but certainly not in dissociative states.

edit: Whoops, thought I was posting to DPSH. These forums do look very much alike.

• Upvote 1

edit: Whoops, thought I was posting to DPSH. These forums do look very much alike.

Odisa, are you two-timing, lol?

Missjess is making some good advice there; dissociative drugs aren't exactly recommendable with our condition.

I think I'll try time travel ...

tardis-296217020.jpg

• Upvote 1

Even MDMA was used to treat disorders like these but it's probably best it isn't recommended any longer. Sounds like the newer drugs are trying to contain the good effects of MDMA without as much of the negative.

Strychnine has been used for neurological problems.  So has arsenic.  Even mercury.  But these can also have lasting negatives. 

There are plenty of things to try that are less dangerous.  At times it seems amazing how people grasp for the most difficult and most dangerous but don't try to work with prescription meds.

• 2 weeks later...