so many options

Hello, well after having hppd for a few days over a year, I have started considering treatment options.

So far I have a fork in my "road" to treatment.

I feel like on one path I take an anti anxiety medication for the rare times when I feel like my thoughts are overwhelming me(might as well be Klonopin since it helps for visual symptoms supposedly.)

My other path is I get on keppra to try to stop the symptoms.

I want to describe how my symptoms affect me so you guys can better help me choose a path. As of now my symptoms aren't limiting me in any way (except for a small visual and mental limitations)

I would love to be cured of hppd for the rest of my life but i feel that if I were to take keppra,(beeing that I am young) I will be somehow damaging my body since i will be taking it daily for 60 or more years. I have a weird feeling that it will somehow cause brain problems, or that it will be very hard on my liver. Is there a possibility that I will be able to take it for an amount of time and then stop taking it without my symptoms coming back?

If you guys have anyother options I would love to know. Sorry if this makes no sense but I am really tired right now. Thanks in advance

''As of now my symptoms aren't limiting me in any way (except for a small visual and mental limitations)''

I would of never started taking any meds if I fealt this way. Consider yourself lucky that you don't have full blown hppd.

Pls stay away from klonopin or any benzo, I only take these cause I can't live w/o them. You have no idea what kind of problems they can produce in the future when it's time to kick them. And if you're thinking you can just take them as needed, you better be strong willed because they will wipe out anxiety and relax you... extremely addictive.

I"m not trying to say you have it easy, just know if you can go w/o meds I'd do it.

I really don't know anything about keppra so I can't give any advice on that, but if you still feel like your former self no dp/dr. I wouldn't take it but I obviously don't know all your symptoms.

Again I"m not trying to say you aren't suffering, but just from that quote I think you're doing good!

''As of now my symptoms aren't limiting me in any way (except for a small visual and mental limitations)''

I would of never started taking any meds if I fealt this way. Consider yourself lucky that you don't have full blown hppd.

Pls stay away from klonopin or any benzo, I only take these cause I can't live w/o them. You have no idea what kind of problems they can produce in the future when it's time to kick them. And if you're thinking you can just take them as needed, you better be strong willed because they will wipe out anxiety and relax you... extremely addictive.

I"m not trying to say you have it easy, just know if you can go w/o meds I'd do it.

I really don't know anything about keppra so I can't give any advice on that, but if you still feel like your former self no dp/dr. I wouldn't take it but I obviously don't know all your symptoms.

Again I"m not trying to say you aren't suffering, but just from that quote I think you're doing good!

thank you for the advice. but i have full blown hppd. i have visual snow, depersonilazation/derealism, streak behind objects at night, etc. Im just saying that the symptoms dont necessarily limit me from doing what I want to do

I probably would think Keppra is the better option, so does my doctor.

Many doctors (including all doctors I´ve had) are reluctant to perscribe clonazepam, due to it´s strong addictive potential. And it does a lot more damage to the body in the long run. Better to stay clear!

From what I´ve read here and researched online, Keppra not only seems to be efficient, but also also a very "clean" substance.

I´ll get Keppra myself soon. My thoughts about this are: Since my option is a life in hell (my current life), what is there to lose? I might have a chance to atleast partially recover and maybe feel a little "normal" again. Which would do a lot good anyhow!

Sorry mentalpioneer, I was off on what you're going through. It's cool you don't let hppd limit you. Have to get ready for work but just didn't want to sound like a jerk, good luck!!

I for one thank you for your post.... We need more people to post about the negatives of klonopin addiction here as it seems to be more overlooked on this new board.