vegan/raw vegan?

alice-acid

I know some freakily healthy vegans.... A lot of people at my gym are going vegan to get even leaner while still packing on protein with beans and stuff.

My uncle has been vegan for 30 years now and is strong as an ox, ripped to shreds at 50

I understand the ethical reasons for going vegan.  However, i suspect the health/vitality benefits of a well-designed vegan diet are not from cutting out animals per se (except some dairy which some people have a difficulty digesting), but from cutting out the crap that is so often associated with it.  If a vegan started adding grass-fed organic beef cooked at low temperature to their diet, i very much doubt that they would lose that vegan vitality. Conversely, i guess if a vegan had a nutritionally complete diet mainly from refined grains and sugar, that vitality would evaporate.

As for b12 - a high dose of this makes me feel better so non-vegans should probably supplement with this as well.  Also, I reckon there is probably something to be said for cyclical protein restriction so your body cleans up cellular protein junk (autophagy) and maybe activate the SIRT longevity genes.

• Upvote 2

I'm factually taking some initiative in growing organics in my own home.. I have invested in a d.w.c. System (deep water culture) which is therapeutic and insanely healthy. It is hydroponically grown with r.o. (reverse osmosis) water with zero e.c. (electric conductivity) or ppm reading. I'm presently growing tomatoes, peppers, kale, lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, huckleberries, and thinking about cucumbers. I also feed it pure organics like sea kelp, fish emulations and I make a tea from bat guano which is interestingly delightful. I love the idea of hydroponically growing because u know first hand what is going into ur food and ur mother nature giving ur garden the proper spectrum of light, wind, temperature, love, which in return u ultimately get ur harvest.. It taste remarkably fresh and healthy..

Restaurants are starting to grow their vegetables and fruits on site and serving it garden fresh right on the customers plate it's becoming a trend. It's a good way to duck around additives, preservatives, hydrogenated, monosodium glutamates and ultimately G.M.O. - MONSANTO'S..

• Upvote 2

my mum grows veg every year its so much better than anything bought in shops, we dont have much space though and of course its difficult to do during winter which is a shame

Growing indoor is therapeutic while relieving stress, depression and hunger..

Does ur mom grow with H.i.d. lights?? or L.e.d. lights?? Some people grow with T-5 or T-8 florescent bulbs. Nevertheless it's amazing either way. Has ur mom ever tried cloning or graphing?? Propagation is a real neat sector on indoor hydroponics. I'm in the means of expanding a room with two 4x8 ebb flood and drain systems which runs right up my alley..

I feel and think this will be the future of the world to be honest. Hppd24yearssadly..

Not to be too contrarian, but what is natural about growing food without dirt?  Unless you are eating bromeliads?

Not doubt they are 100x better than what is available at the grocery store, but dirt has trace things that are impractical to provide artificially and, more important, is full of microbe life that synergistically lives with plants.

Nice of those women to hug the cows, maybe comforting her after she has had her male calf murdered in front of her before being put back onto the milking machine and violently artificially inseminated again.

Oops, not supposed to rant!

That is the very 1st argument the flesh eaters bring out.

If everyone stopped eating meat, do you really think chickens and cows etc would cease to exist? Of course not, they would just return to their natural level, they would be hunted and killed, sure... But it would be a natural life.

9999 out of 10000 male chickens wouldn't be instantly killed at birth, for starters.

To me the whole, "it's a symbiotic relationship" argument is akin to saying that those 3 girls who were held in that guy's basement for 3 decades being raped and having forced abortions should love the guy, as he was keeping them alive bringing them occasional meals of gruel and water.

Not to be too contrarian, but what is natural about growing food without dirt?  Unless you are eating bromeliads?

Not doubt they are 100x better than what is available at the grocery store, but dirt has trace things that are impractical to provide artificially and, more important, is full of microbe life that synergistically lives with plants.

Well, where do I begin??                 First of all our bodies are made up of 50% to 60% of water, our brain in composed of approximately 70% of water, our lungs are 90% water and our blood is like 83% water. That's pretty natural to say the least so far..                                           There is a lot of Aquatic plants and edible water plants in a natural setting as well as trees, shrubs, fruits, nut trees, greens, annuals, perennials, etc.. There is probably  plants or trees that are tapped into the water table right in your backyard and you wouldn't even imagine it but those tap roots can stretch to locate water for very long distances.. Humans must replace or replenish up to 2 liters a day of water, that's pretty important and natural on the contrary.. Ultimately you feed your plants in the medium of dirt or soil-less mixes with water jacked with nutrients organically or synthetically. It is very  natural to grow your plants in hydroponics and remember it's generally the roots that are being grown in D.W.C., Ebb flood and drain, rotary gardens systems, Current Culture H20, Drip systems, ect- all in water..                                                      In terms of microbes that synergistically balance out root zones in dirt there is also a wide array of beneficial bacteria microbe strains that form symbiosis with roots in water, while protecting them from pathogens and helping to process intake of nutrients more efficiently in water..                   Growing hydroponically is a lot easier I find personally then in dirt simply because I use feeding timers, E.c. meters, ppm meter, oxygen stones, which allows me to keep things in its natural perfect element for growth and health. I also find that it taste sooooooooooooooo much better in water just like the human bodies I eat that are made up of a large portion of water..                        Hppd24years.. (Ooops disregard the last sentence in the last paragraph thanks man;)              

Nice of those women to hug the cows, maybe comforting her after she has had her male calf murdered in front of her before being put back onto the milking machine and violently artificially inseminated again.

Oops, not supposed to rant!

LOL!!!            offly noble of her.. eh??

• Upvote 4

She just grows in a veg patch haha none of that kind of stuff

I see, Well it is a great start and she might move on up in the future.. Another strong advantage of growing indoor is the fact you can grow your own food in the winter whether in water, dirt, soil-less mix, oasis, rock- wool or even net pots.. Just try to have fun with it.. 

• Upvote 3

Growing hydroponically is a lot easier I find personally then in dirt simply because I use feeding timers, E.c. meters, ppm meter, oxygen stones, which allows me to keep things in its natural perfect element for growth and health. I also find that it taste sooooooooooooooo much better in water just like the human bodies I eat that are made up of a large portion of water..                        Hppd24years.. (Ooops disregard the last sentence in the last paragraph thanks man;)              

Caught ya Hannabal, lol

I garden in the summer.  Get about 3 months of veggies, 6 months of potatoes, and 4 months of fruit each year ... all organic.  But when it comes to growing indoors, the thumb is purple ... more likely to get mold that anything useful.  It is difficult even to grow cactus indoors.  Perhaps that is were hydroponics excells.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...