Hey, back on the site for a bit!

r.trudeau

Hi there, some of you might remember me from a few years back and some might know me from my past posts on this forum. I'm back here to answer questions for this community, give out documents, advice & ect...whatever you need, I'm here. My email and tumblr have been overloaded with questions, please forgive me for not having the time to get back to everyone of you.

Anyways, how's is going?!

-Rene

• Upvote 7

Hi and thank you for coming back! I´ve stumbled upon your profound experience with Keppra several times while diggin in the crates of this forum. An update on your general life situation, medication, symptoms and current relationship with recreational drugs ( do you drink, smoke weed etc) would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Upvote 2

You're welcome! I'm here to help as much as I possibly can!

General life: Great! I live in a nice apartment with my partner and we have two kids, a cat and a dog. :P I'm able to support myself comfortably, as I have a well paying nursing assisting job. Almost finished with my bs in biology (have a year left) but I am stepping out of the medical field for personal reasons/believes. Starting school in the fall for applications design.

Medication: Keppra, that's all I take. 1500mg per day. 1000mg when I first wake up and 500mg around 12 hours later. Etizolam: (shhhh I know it's a rc) my cat eats it when he is stressed out about 2x per month.

Symptoms: Very light visual snow in the dark, where the wall meets the ceiling. It's so faint that I don't notice it, unless it really look for it. It's gone during the day. No more dp/dr.

Drug use: I drink about 2x a week, no hard "A" just beer. 6-7 beers max per night. Don't smoke cigarettes anymore, I'm really into vaping e juice now. Weed, I've smoked on and off for the last six months with no effect on my hppd. It's not really worth it though, I find weed non appealing now. I prefer pain killers. (Bad, I know) Currently not smoking. Pain killers: 2-10x per month. I have a broken hand right now and bad back, all work related injuries. The oxy has no impact on my hppd!

• Upvote 2

Hi Rene,

I am back here after a 5 year hiatus (used a different name then - lookingglass25).  Was interested in the Keppra for years - seems to be more info now... - as I have Tourette's also and see it is sometimes used for that.  My concern has always been getting into some pill and having it just addict me to it for no benefit.  Curious if you ever cut back and if you could relate it to benzo withdrawal which is the main reason I am scared to try (and seeing people on anti-psychotics too).

• Upvote 1

Hi Rene,

I am back here after a 5 year hiatus (used a different name then - lookingglass25).  Was interested in the Keppra for years - seems to be more info now... - as I have Tourette's also and see it is sometimes used for that.  My concern has always been getting into some pill and having it just addict me to it for no benefit.  Curious if you ever cut back and if you could relate it to benzo withdrawal which is the main reason I am scared to try (and seeing people on anti-psychotics too).

Welcome back HPPDked! I don't think keppra would hurt you at all, I am no doctor here, though. I've cut back a few times with no withdrawals, as keppra does not cause one to be psychically dependent on it.

• Upvote 1

Wow, that´s really great to hear Rene! Seems like things are looking up for you and stories like this provides hope for the rest of us. Have you ever stopped taking the medication for some time, and if so, have this brought symptoms back or are there some permanent benefits?

Thanks! I've been off of it a few times over the years and the hppd just comes back after 60 days, or so. Currently, I'm going to try to stay on it for another year then try to get off of it for good. The doctors don't know why the dp/dr comes back after stopping keppra.Those are the symptoms that come back. I'll start to feel strange, out of touch with reality and have no perception of time. bleh