Temporary visual snow treatment

This is very reminiscent of the new treatment for tinnitus "said to disrupt the rhythmic firing patterns of tinnitus-creating auditory nerve cells."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/new-hope-for-tinnitus-sufferers-7576977.html

http://www.thetinnitusclinic.co.uk/tinnitus-treatment/acoustic-neuromodulation/treatment-process

6 hours a day of this?

• Upvote 2

This is incredible. It is promising to see a similar strategy for tinnitus that works too.

I am curious.. people with DP - does this alleviate your symptoms at all?

Also.. does anyone with HPPD not experience visual snow? 

It is interesting how staring at the static produces acid-like visuals, and, the colours green/yellow + blue/purple. Does anyone else see that? Are they actually in the video?

• Upvote 1

This is incredible. It is promising to see a similar strategy for tinnitus that works too.

I am curious.. people with DP - does this alleviate your symptoms at all?

I am also curious.. does anyone with HPPD not experience visual snow?

I´ve watched the video several times now and black is definitely black for about 30+ seconds every time. I´d completely forgotten how pure clean black looked like! IIRC there have been posts here and there with people claiming not to experience any visual snow, but I think it´s pretty rare though. As for the DP it´s hard to tell, the alleviation of vs is too short to notice any correlation for me. I´ll try watching the video outside tonight as DP usually is stronger when outdoors (for me at least) and report back. VS and tinnitus are pretty much the only symptoms that constantly changes for me (e.g when playing basketball outside at night VS flares up for an hour or so)

Edit: Yes, I also see the green/purple visuals. However, it seemed to happen at exactly the same time when re-watching it so I think they´re in the video.

• Upvote 1

The snow seems to be reduced somewhat even in complete darkness. At least its more stable. Found some 10 hour versions with the same tv noise effect, after a couple of minutes things generally seemed to be more stable than usual and reading text was way easier (could be placebo). As for Syntheso´s question about DP/DR, it´s really really hard to tell if its actually reduced a bit or just me getting so excited about this :)

Wow I forgot what "clean" vision looked like.  Amazing!  And a little heartbreaking :(

Man I can't stop doing this.  I'm so used to movement in my vision that objects look "frozen"... like they're on pause.  So freaking cool.  Kind of creepy too.

Man I want my life back!

• Upvote 1

It was posted on the VS Facebook group.

Here's a longer version that some people are trying and are saying the longer they look the longer their symptoms stay away for:

It's quite annoying though. I'm sure there's better videos out there.

I'd be interested to see if it would work with a VS simulator - I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

You'd be surprised what most people can see when you ask them to look for it... I have got my wife to look at the sky and really study her visual field and she could see noise and tracers if she really looked.

It's all natural stuff, imo, we just can't filter it very well.

It's all natural stuff, imo, we just can't filter it very well.

I agree with you, somewhat, but I find it hard to believe that 'everyone can see visual snow'. 

when you ask them to look for it

This is my issue.. I am sure you could convince anyone of minor perceptual distortions if you place a thought in their head before. I think that is more likely the suggestibility of the mind.

• Upvote 2

I didn't mention VS though or even give any suggestions... I just asked her to really look into her visual field and tell me if she sees anything other than bue sky.... 1st she saw only a few floaters, then described VS and tracers.... She knows I have hppd, but we have never really discussed the details of the visual side of things, so it was all on her. Try it on someone you know.

btw - she has never done any drugs.