Swirls

MindlessDamage

Hello, my name is Mandy. I have recently been looking into HPPD for a little bit and am still very new to the idea and want further information because i do not know if i have it or if it's just side affects from LSD

i was smoking weed 2 and a half years straight before I took LSD in October and have done it about 15 times since, taking small breaks in between and what not, but i am finally done with it. I first noticed my perception on life slightly changed after the first time, not taking it as a warning i continued, even smoking weed after taking at least a 1 tab. I've been fine and smoked weed mostly everyday but just noticed that I would get some LSD visuals (i.e increased light, wave like vision, imaginary snow 'visual noise' and give me a different high all together). I knew the LSD messed with my weed high hard but it didn't effect me as much. I tried talking to my significant other about it, who has been doing it for about 3 years now and he doesn't understand what I'm seeing even if I describe it. On March 12th, I took  1 1/2 lsd tab of a black flower. I was feeling fine until I smoked weed, where my vision went kaleidoscope, lines were coming from my partners face and it felt i was slipping out of the dimension. I felt something inside of me 'break' like my vision and what not and it stayed like that for 20 minutes. I've never been so scared in my life. I felt I was trapped that way forever and would not be able to see again, my vision returned but the waves in the bottom corners of both eyes don't stop. I took a half tab the following saturday to see if the trip before was all in my head. It was alright but after smoking weed, i get this paranoid feeling and it makes the waves worse. This past Wednesday I took another 1 1/2 tab, i was already high from weed a couple hours previous and still had the lingering high feeling. While I was coming up, I had a huge panic attack and had to run out of the building I was in. Everything was crazy wavy and lights started to glitter. After the trip was over, i still have the feeling of it lingering in my system. I do not know if it is HPPD and I am not in anyway trying to make anyone feel bad if they have it. I'm just a scared teenager ;p ahah it's been three days and I stopped smoking weed and started eating fruits and vegetables. It's hard for me to eat and everything is still moving in a slow motion. the visual noise have gotten worse. and lines freak me out now

I'm here to search for help to not aggravate it as much. I know it's only been a couple of days since my recent incident and it's still new but Even looking at these posts give me anxiety about what's going on with me and I never suffered from anxiety before. Ive accepted that I'll never be 'normal' again and well, what is normal anyways? 

• Upvote 4

I did not know what HPPD was until a couple days ago when I was watching Adventure Time and realiezed I feel like Ice King does when he sees things, but a lot less mild. I'm down with it and I'm sad that It affected my weed but If I give my brain a while, will I ever be able to smoke it again? but thank you for the positive vibes and response :) 

I didn't know what it was. I told my friend who was doing it and he said it was all in my head. I didn't think anything of it and now I know. It's not terrible but it's not amazing at the same time. Thank you for your advice though, Missjess. Everyone is stupid and makes not smart decisions but now I know and I feel more in control. 

Depending upon the severity, and if it seems as though it may be dying down (even very gradually), you may not develop HPPD to the severity some of us have (such as myself). Personally, I had very minor HPPD symptoms after doing LSD a variety of times - it was only present when sleep deprived, very high, very stressed, or a mix thereof. I continued smoking weed every day, taking psychedelic, using club drugs and so forth, and then being laced with a potent compound gave me severe HPPD for the past 2+ years.

I'd chill out for awhile and see what happens. Don't smoke, drink, or do any drugs/psychedelics, get sleep deprived, or overly stressed, and see how things progress over the next few days/weeks. Try breathing into a bag to increase CO2, it really helps with anxiety (I don't mean hyperventilating, but just breathing normally into a bag, perhaps using diaphragmatic, rhythmic breathing) - CO2 is anti-inflammatory/oxidative and is very calming. You can also take hot baths with epsom salts and baking soda (and if you want, aspirin and caffeine). 

If it seems like things aren't dying down (or getting worse) and you actually have lasting HPPD, that's when to start looking into meds, dietary protocols, supplements, nootropics, therapies, etc. Also, if you can control your emotions/thought processes enough to still do a lot of things normally, start taking walks in novel locations (forests, bike trails, etc), getting tons of light and warmth, etc. Meaningful activity enhances neural stem (and other) cell proliferation/lifespan. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for your advice and so on! I understand my abuse towards psychedelics and I am taking a huge if not permanent break from anything that will stretch my mind that way. It's not as severe as other cases I've been reading, just some light sensitivity, lines not staying straight, and I can see the different hues of colours blending into each other much well and trails from lights. It's worse when I wear my glasses though. The glares on my lens are more noticeable. It's only been a couple of days since the last time I took the drug and it seems the same. But outside I can go outside and I feel better out there than inside. but Only time will tell. Thank you for the advice as well! Extremely helpful :)

Another suggestion would be don't worry about what other peeps say in terms of "its all in ur head" because they don't have to live inside ur mind but u do.

I have had full blown hppd for 24 years now with a small departure of six years in that time frame. We all react and respond differently to certain elements on this planet u just have to realize what works for others might not work for u. Let me give u a written demonstration: If u get stung by a bee u probably will swell up a bit followed by an itchy pain. Now if I get stung by a bee I have approximately eight minutes to inject myself or I'm dead. Point being a "different response" u were smart enough to figure out what u might be diving into just make sure the depth is deep enough to safely cushion ur fall. Think positive its early enough for ur brain to heal itself I strongly recommend to never take l.s.d. again or any other psychedelic drug for that matter just take a listen to ur brain that is giving u the signs to STOP what u are doing^_~ TRUST!! HPPD24YEARSANDSTILLKIXKING.

• Upvote 1