Reducing Visual snow

Hmm... did you go to a Irlene Practitioner? 

They typically do some examinations on you by having you describe things, read things, do exercises, etc. and then give you different types of glasses, often with different color lenses; this then filters out odd visual stimuli which stresses our eyes and brain. I've been thinking about going to an Irlene practitioner. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, blue light blocking glasses are interesting - I have two pairs, one cheap set from amazon, and then an over-priced solid red pair I got from this guy I know who's developing a product line for circadian rhythm restoring/enhancing gear. Everything is completely red when looking through them.

I feel as though I should use them for endogenous melatonin production, protection of the retinas, etc. but my visuals actually get really bad when I wear them, yet I have almost every night for the past 6-7 months. The outermost portion of everything - objects and people alike - seem to 'glow' and become 'aura-like' much more significantly than normal; everything warps 10x worse in my peripheral vision, and my OEV's in darkness are increased a lot. I might do a 3 or so day trial where instantly when I wake up I do some cued-attention/reaction time testing and see if I actually get any difference between no glasses vs. orange glasses vs. the "better" red glasses. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I finally went out and actually spent a little money on sunglasses (been using them for Visuals-reduction for ages). I could only afford a pair 

of Polaroid's, Polerized lenses. About 90$ here in Denmark. But the DIFFERENCE IS HUGE!!!!

A bit of a bummer that people don't understand why I wear them so much, and think i'm tryin to be a smart-ass  :angry:   I try and explain sometimes and usually end up regreting it...

Maybe I should try the red glasses, even though I have a hard time imagining it helping on my "shimmering" :(

• Upvote 1

Often with HPPD reducing light with sunglasses help.  So tinted lenses can be a plus.  It is interesting the this helped your snow (a symptom I rarely have).

Color can be important.  A vision doc who specialized in brain injuries/problems got me blue tinted glasses to wear 30 minutes at a time as therapy.  Blue is supposed to be good for toxic encephalopathy.  Didn't notice much but it is true that yellow light is the most annoying to me.

Red is supposed to be good for cortisol problems

Then there are other weird things.  Red LEDs ghost worse than green ones.  On plasma screens and projectors, I get yellow positive afterimaging.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...