Brazil for treatment

jimmyb84

DID CHRIS WRITE THIS???^^^^^^

Err, no. But posting under someone's name is ridiculously cheap and also quite serious and certainly worth reporting, so thanks for quoting it. Judging by the grammar and sentance structure I think I can guess who it is (as can you); " I will start cheering and encouraging it for such normalcy that I find flattering". What the fuck does that mean? It's as well written as it is witty and clever. Up with this I will not put and if it is not dealt with severely I will dedicate the endless amount of time I currently have to fucking them as hard as possible.

• Upvote 1

Well guys I'm here in Brazil, I won't be seeing john of god until Wednesday when the casa is open. There are many ppl here for all different reasons and I rlly like the energy and atmosphere here.

And yes I will do anything to get better ....since I cannot take supplements, drugs or medication because I react awfully to everything what other choice to I have !?? Alternative healing is my only option at this point. I'd rather try it then do nothing.

• Upvote 3

Good to see you have arrived at the location ok. Stay strong and prepare your self for whatever Wednesday brings.

Despite most of this tread becoming a heated debate, there are many of us rooting for you and hope you find what you're searching for.

Keep us posted and Skype me when you can.

Jim

• Upvote 2

Well guys I'm here in Brazil, I won't be seeing john of god until Wednesday when the casa is open. There are many ppl here for all different reasons and I rlly like the energy and atmosphere here.

And yes I will do anything to get better ....since I cannot take supplements, drugs or medication because I react awfully to everything what other choice to I have !?? Alternative healing is my only option at this point. I'd rather try it then do nothing.

Wishing you the best of luck!

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys! I would like to add that I have made some progress! I've only been here a week but I experienced an amazing healing in one if my sessions...my hppd symptoms are less but also my spirit feels like it's had a healing...I have felt dead for years coz I had dp and I am starting to feel a sense if aliveness. This place is beyond words I cannot even begin to describe it...but when I went past john of god he said he can cure me from hppd and also my dp so I am pretty impressed and hopefull.

I will continue to post my progress but if it actually resolves all of it I will make a post in here for all to see :)

• Upvote 2

The problem with 'skeptics' is that they assume using placebo is unethical deception.  Placebo is a very powerful healing tool and shouldn't be dismissed.  It can even work if you know that you are being subject to placebo, but is clearly stronger in a geniune faith situation especially where strong interventions are apparently carried out, like faked surgery.  Placebo does not just make you feel a bit better for a while, it can make lasting and real physical improvements to people.  I would be more inclined to not call this placebo as it has negative connotations with being duped, but rather mind over matter.  I don't care if John of God is using theatrical techniques to induce a belief-led healing reaction or whether he is genuinely channelling spirits - if it works, it works.

It doesn't work though, does it. At least there's no real evidence that people leave this guy genuinely having their ailments cured. No, the placebo effect should not be dismissed. But it can only do so much and usually only in the short-term. After which point the patient is left with the realisation that they still in fact have cancer or epilepsy or whatever and have indeed been duped by a man using carnival tricks. I'd call that unethical, especially with him indirectly making money out of the whole thing too. I don't know if he's using these tricks (theatrical techniques seems a very generous spin for his "procedures") to genuinely try induce some kind of placebo healing or if he actually believes his own spiritual bullshit, but with a humble name like John of God I'm inclined to believe the latter. I don't know which is worse and I don't much care. But there is no evidence that it works- at the very least the majority of people will leave deeply disappointed having been given false hope. If that's not unethical I don't know what is. Randi puts it best: "In my professional opinion, I think I saw a first-class,heartless charlatan, with no respect for his paying victims. I believe that he should be in prison, not getting rich from the ailments of desperate, innocent, uninformed people."

For balance, in case others are thinking of following suit:

http://www.skepdic.com/johnofgod.html

There's always going to be "skeptics" ....half of those have never even set foot in the casa or experienced a healing from jog. I can say with proof that there is something extraordinary going on here...I had to leaver he meditation/current rooms many of times because the spiritual energy was overwhelming. I also received a physical operation from jog on Friday, it knocked me out for 2 days and I couldn't stop sleeping, he shoved a pair of scissors up my nose and then when they took me to the information room to rest I felt energy moving things around in my nervous system, tummy and my brain.

Healings are not always instant here, many ppl need time, faith, patience and persistence.

I had an amazing healing in the current room and when I walked out, I noticed my vision had a slight improvement, things were not mushing together as much as they were when I first got there, I can now go into crowded places without needing ear plugs and without needing to leave. I can handle the sensory processing better now. Yes my vision is still fuked and my body still feels disorted but I have went from absolutely unbearable hppd to somewhat bearable but still fuked I guess...

The problem with 'skeptics' is that they assume using placebo is unethical deception.  Placebo is a very powerful healing tool and shouldn't be dismissed.  It can even work if you know that you are being subject to placebo, but is clearly stronger in a geniune faith situation especially where strong interventions are apparently carried out, like faked surgery.  Placebo does not just make you feel a bit better for a while, it can make lasting and real physical improvements to people.  I would be more inclined to not call this placebo as it has negative connotations with being duped, but rather mind over matter.  I don't care if John of God is using theatrical techniques to induce a belief-led healing reaction or whether he is genuinely channelling spirits - if it works, it works.

Nothing is fake here and there is no placebo effect.....this place is real and whether u believe or not u may still get a healing u cannot explain! Many skeptics come here and they change there minds once they leave. Those who claim they got no benefit are those who gave up too soon, did not follow the rules given to them by john of god and those who are expecting instant results.

Ah, yes. The old "if it did not work, you did not follow the rules" line. Can be used every time.

As for efficacy, Randi on faith healers again: "...when I investigated victims of the faith healers here, though EVERY ONE OF THEM claimed to have been healed, I found they fell into three classes: those who never had the illness in the first place, those who still had the illness, and those who had died of the illness before I got to interview them."

I also received a physical operation from jog on Friday, it knocked me out for 2 days and I couldn't stop sleeping, he shoved a pair of scissors up my nose and then when they took me to the information room to rest I felt energy moving things around in my nervous system, tummy and my brain.

Wow  :unsure: What exactly did he do? Shoving scissors up people's nose sounds a bit reckless.

Look I'm not here to convince u of anything Chris you can believe whatever u want, I can only say that he has helped ME so far and I deff do have hppd.

I'm sure not everyone who comes here can be cured and he does not tell everyone that he can cure them, but those he does tell it tends to happen and it may not be in the time frame u want. He does not charge a penny from anyone, the only thing u do buy are the herbs which are rlly cheap and u don't need to buy them all the time.

If u do not follow the rules laid out by the entities then why should they help u? Rules include laying in bed 24 hours after a spiritual op, no internet, reading or distraction, no going directly in the sun for 8 days after. No sex. Many ppl break these rules and there healing stops, or they get worse.

Wow  :unsure: What exactly did he do? Shoving scissors up people's nose sounds a bit reckless.

Many things can happen with the scissors, he can operate on 28 different places in the body...the scissors are just for "proof" for ppl but honestly the physical surgery has been the most powerful for me, I had to rest for 2 days after and felt like utter crap I'm only starting to feel better now

• Upvote 2

I know you're not trying to convince me, jess. I'm not trying to convince you, either- just other vulnerable people who may fall for this.

Of course if you tell people they need to buy special herbs from you or they won't get better you are charging them, and apparently this has added up to quite a lot of income over the years for dear old John.

The scissor thing is just a carnival trick that has been thoroughly debunked. And why would things as arbitrary as no sun, internet or reading affect healing? This just sounds like an easy way to blame the patient when the healing doesn't work. He can always find a way that you didn't follow his bizare and random rules, I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

The herbs are only to pay for the maintenance and costs of making them...besides I haven't bought any herbs since I've been here even tho I got a prescription for them...I'm too scared to take them coz of hppd I'm still experiencing healing tho from the surgeries and the current rooms...

Lol a carnival trick?? U rlly have no clue lol....the physical things are just for proof that something was done...he could be shoving scissors up ur nose but really the spirits are operating somewhere else on u it depends what healing ur seeking for aswell..as I said after he done the scissor thing to me I was put in a wheelchair and I immediately felt weak when I went to lay down I felt energy moving through certain parts of my body and things were being moved and changed around

I slept for mayb 9 hours during the day after then again at night, I was sick the next day and my brain and tummy felt raw and sore...

• Upvote 1

So shoving scissors up people's noses is completely redundant? I don't understand. Surely the proof that something was done would be that you'd be healed?

Apparently he's making $400,000 a year from the herbs- seems a lot to grow and maintain them. Then again presumably he needs to cover the costs of the nose scissors and eye scalpels.

As for the spirits...well, I won't go there.

• Upvote 1

Surely the proof that something was done would be that you'd be healed?

Well, no, actually - and I'm sure you know that's not the case :) . Something closer to a "proof" would be some sort of double-blind placebo-controlled study done on a large population showing significant efficacy over placebo. Which would be interesting, seeing as how both groups would presumably in fact receive placebo :P

Well, no, actually - and I'm sure you know that's not the case :) . Something closer to a "proof" would be some sort of double-blind placebo-controlled study done on a large population showing significant efficacy over placebo. Which would be interesting, seeing as how both groups would presumably in fact receive placebo :P

Ha, well yes. I wonder if we'll ever get such a study?

Look u don't believe it's as simple as that...but don't be putting these comments on my posts anymore ....if this place does help me for my hppd then why shouldn't other ppl suffering get help also !??

I'm not putting anything on your posts, I'm just contributing to this thread. Like I said, I don't want to see vulnerable people get duped. I'll address you directly only when you address me. Otherwise, all evidence suggests this guy is a dangerous charlatan and people should be warned that percieved benefits received from his "treatments" may not be what they seem.

• Upvote 1