Brazil for treatment

jimmyb84

We very likely were speaking about different skeptics, haha. Yeah, look into HRV - I've been occasionally dabbling with it and it's an effective way to get into a meditative state since it gives you real time feedback on your emotional/mental state; definitely nothing as potent as doing to a trained neurofeedback practitioner, though.

If you don't mind me asking, what 'kind' of philosophy did you study? I'm only working on my associates degree right now (and soon enough, some certifications in various fields), but I've taken philosophy of critical thinking and I'm eager to take "Philosophy of Logic". Those two courses, along with ethics, I believe should be mandatory, haha. 

The University I went to had a strong emphasis on Continental Philosophy but there were in fact mandatory courses in Logic, Ethics and Ancient Philosophy (quite right, too). Funnily enough I rather enjoyed taking Philosophical Scepticism. ;)

Hey guys.

To be honest I wish I hadn't started this thread.

My intentions were good, hoping everyone would get behind miss Jess and support her over her journey.

Instead unfortunantly, it's turned into alternative healing/treatment Vs mainstream medicine debate.

As I'm sure you can all relate including myself, this condition eats you up and spits you out leaving the individual extremely vulnerable at times. My point being despite if you agree or disagree with this method of treatment please take the debate side of things some place else and keep this space only for Positive and Encouraging comments.

Thank you

Jimbo baggins

I've already stated why I think what I've said needs to be said and why it needs to be said here. The debate has been quite constructive thus far I'd say and I'm sorry but you don't get to own threads and dictate content. None of this, of course, stops encouraging comments from being added.

Chris, if you want to talk about the pros and cons of non traditional medicines, start a topic about it.

It's a good topic, but I don't think this is the right place for it.

Chris, if you want to talk about the pros and cons of non traditional medicines, start a topic about it.

It's pretty simple.

Jay, I've stated my reasons for why it should be here and they shouldn't be hard to understand. I believe to not allow the debate to take place here would be irresponsible and I resent the way you have become dictatorial.

and defensive is his middle name.....

Good one.

Although my response would have been slightly different to Jay's edited post.

That's also a strange comment from someone who just wants supportive comments on this thread. It doesn't add to the debate, either. You're just try to goad me.

• Upvote 3

personally, i find the skeptic v alternative debate quite tedious as i am well aware of the well-rehearsed arguments that you can find anywhere in the internet.  I am skimming this thread for any posts by the person who is taking the risk of taking the alternative route.  I am interested in that first-hand human story and how it develops (whether positive or negative), not the predictable skepticism-by-numbers snearing from the debunkers.  Not that i necessarily disagree with the debunkers, just wish they would give a bit of space for people to experiment with their lives.  I have wasted a few quid on alternative stuff, but i dont resent it - i just think trying weird stuff out on short odds adds to human experience and may one day turn up a pleasant surprise.  If it doesnt, tough shit, i'm not going to cry about it, and i take those risks with full responsibility.  I want to hear more about what happened after seeing john of god.

• Upvote 3

That's exactly how I think Brendan! I'm willing to try every route...since I cannot take meds and supps y the fuk not? I don't wana be tormented by hppd forever

Although lamictal looks promising for me too which I will try whilst I'm over here in a couple of weeks

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Yes sorry I forgot to update

I experienced another healing in the current room at the casa (meditation room) I felt it not he front of my brain and guess what my vision is better again...I can see a glimpse of reality in my sensory processing now :)

My brain does not feel fragile right now and I think this is the reason why I can take the lamictal at the moment :)

Brain is healing !!

any updates?  Here is someone who got hppd from ayahuasca (tho she is unaware of hppd and calls it land-sickness) and seems have done every type of healing out there: http://dreyfalex.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/a-personal-experience-of-mdds-resulting-from-ayahuasca-experience/comment-page-1/#comment-13

Shit the poor lady !!

I drank ayahuasca 8 times I did not get hppd.

I will read the story now tho