What are your passions?

Hey,

it would be nice to know what is the fuel of the people on this forum!

What are you motivated by everyday? What do you like to do to evacuate? Can you still manage to live your passion or to have hobbys since you have HPPD?

I'm doing skateboard since 10 years, it can seem lame to the older people on this forum; but this is a physical, mental sport and a way to express myself. It has nothing to do with rebellion or whatever, at least for me... For people who practice to get a "style" they generally don't last long since it is considered like one of the most difficult sport.

It also helped me to deal with my Asperger syndrome (even if I'm lucky enough to be an high functioning Aspie), and that is the most important.

Anyway during these 10 years I had a lot of injuries, met a lot of great people, it made me travel in other countries and helped me cope with HPPD a bit!

• Upvote 3

I gave up on hobbies a long time ago. I had no passions or interest in doing anything. Pretty lethargic. I still suffer from extreme boredom. But I enjoy trying to help people if I can. Try to be a more compassionate person in society. HPPD has thought me that I should practice a friendly attitude. My passion is to be patient and so on. Not exactly a hobby but I´m interested in developing myself spiritually/intellectually.

I used to be an avid skateboarder too! I love those kick flips and street skating. But it´s been a long time. It´s a sport for your brain and body, both.

Photography, filming, music (playing and listening), surfing, bodyboarding, football (soccer).

Me and my brother just bought one of those helicopter drones that carry a camera, so that is taking up most of my time now.... amazing

Here is our first test -

That's already really fine that you try to change for the better odysseus, when you are in a situation of weakness you understand more easily how to help yourself through others, and that is great. I made 6 months as a volunteer in Hungary to help kids (who were on the streets all day smoking cigarettes) to try to get them interested in sports. Not always that easy. I want to try to find something in my city like the popular soup (?) to help homeless people, since I can't get a job at the moment. Why did you stop skateboarding?

With what are you filming jay, don't have any fisheye on your camera? Strange. I'm really interested in this too, I already have the GoPro, need only the drone hehe...

Good way to get busy! You could film sport events and everything like this. I'd like to see your photos too if you are ok with this, I'm really sensitive to art in general.

• Upvote 1

That's already really fine that you try to change for the better odysseus, when you are in a situation of weakness you understand more easily how to help yourself through others, and that is great. I made 6 months as a volunteer in Hungary to help kids (who were on the streets all day smoking cigarettes) to try to get them interested in sports. Not always that easy. I want to try to find something in my city like the popular soup (?) to help homeless people, since I can't get a job at the moment. Why did you stop skateboarding?

Not sure what you mean by "helping myself through others", but if you help others you help yourself too perhaps! Thanks. I´ve been looking into volunteer work before, I want to be a conversation partner for inmates in jail e.g.

I´m not sure why I stopped skateboarding, because some of my old friends still skate. It just faded out of my life. I still want a board sometimes but I´ve lost my skills *lol*.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like video games too, but screens are not good for visuals, so I play only 1 or 2 times a week. Very frustrating. I love playing piano, it's difficult for me but I've made some progress lately, watch old/sci-fi/arty movies with my gf, I like art in general. I love going to Italy whenever I can to admire Raphael's paintings, because they are perfect. I also like doing exercice and practice sophrology/meditation. 

Edited by lysandre
  • 3 months later...