• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pennyarcade

pennyarcade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

Some peeps on the status section looking to get there accounts validated can someone help.

Thanks

#2 jay

jay

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 846 posts
  • LocationPortugal / England
  • Administration Role:Spaminator

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

I'd help, but don't seem to have the ability. Any other mods can help?

#3 jay

jay

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 846 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

Actually, I think they have to validate themselves via email... this doesn't look like an admin task

#4 pennyarcade

pennyarcade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

Actually, I think they have to validate themselves via email... this doesn't look like an admin task

I think something must be broken ive been on numerous forums and people never ask to have accounts validated if everything is working ok there shouldn't be a problem unless these people are very stupid... I very much doubt that that is the case but if it is the case... oh well :lol:

On a more serious note can someone with the power to do so investigate ive seen requests for help in the status area for maybe 2 weeks... potential contributers/people in need of help may become disilusioned it almost feels like we are being rude

#5 pennyarcade

pennyarcade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

Maybe this is fixed I see one of the people affected is now posting...

i

#6 Visual

Visual

• Site Moderators
  • 974 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Penny,

I’ve must be spending too much time on DP posts where people feel unreal.

Your title, People wanting to be validated gave me a very different expectation – yes, we are all valid :o

Thank you for your post though. Perhaps one reason there aren’t many posts on this forum yet is because people can’t get on to interact.

#7 jay

jay

Senior Administrator

• Administrators
  • 846 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

It could be possible that the validation email is getting blocked with certain email accounts (eg, gmail). This is a common problem with no easy fix. If people are reading this, please check your junk mail.

#8 pennyarcade

pennyarcade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

Indeed we are all valid visual Posted Image. Good call on the junk mail idea Jay if it turns out to be the case maybe a heads up could be implemented on the sign up page.

#9 Timer

Timer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

Took me a couple of weeks for my email to be validated, didnt actually get an email through in the end it just allowed me to log in after a while. The actual 'validation email' doesn't get sent it would appear? I also kept an eye on my spam folder, thought that an admin validated it in the end. Definately one to look into.

#10 Merkan

Merkan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

There seem to be a lot of people waiting for this. I have been contacted on other forums by people, desperate to get in, that wants me to fix this. I do not have that in my power as i know. We want to build this community strong again and this is something that should be easy. I know there are some people who been accepted that posted a lot of BS on the board, do not know if David need to validate people cuz of that.

#11 shaolinbomber

shaolinbomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

I brought this problem to david's attention about an hour ago. He said he will look at it and try to fix the problem.