Etifoxine

• 2 weeks later...

I start yesterday.. 3 x 50mg per day. No noticable signs of visual change but felt no anxiety and less dp/dr yesterday (although I don't suffer too badly from anxiety anymore).... I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the update, the no anxiety and less dp/dr sound very good to me. Are the side effects simalir to benzos, for example the sedation, making you loopy and wrecking your memory? If this drug seems good I would like to try it rather than keppra once I get off the clonzepam as the anxiolytic benefits are very appealing.

It seems very weak to me.... a little less anxiety and dp/dr. I might try upping the dose this week.

From what I have read, there is no tolerance/addiction, which is good... and very little to no memory loss or sedation.

At this point, I don't hold out much hope on this as a treatment for hppd, but it may help with anxiety. As I said, anxiety is something I don't get in a huge way, so perhaps someone more anxious should try this out.... It is well perscribed in France and other euro countries... so must do something.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing much to report, i'm afraid. No effect on visual (good or bad) and no effect on dp/dr.

It might be worth looking at if you suffer badly from anxiety though.... Luckily, I don't suffer much from that anymore, but have not had any anxiety while on this med. Maybe coincidental, but could be worth a try.