Brain cant properly filter the presence of my nose in my vision

I used to feel like I did´nt have no face. I could see my nose, but I felt like my whole face was gone and I had a big hole in my face. Don´t worry too much about it, it´s your perception of your body that´s gone whack. It can´t harm you, it just feels a bit uncomfortable. Could as well be a symptom of DP/DR. Can you describe more about this experience?

Like seriously what the hell is going on with this.. I don't do any drugs and it gets worse.. I think just maybe our brain is making the dam chemical up some how and we are hi constantly. Maybe we are outdoor lab rats they put shit in the drugs purposely to experiment with pharmas inside our bodies. According to the Government we were scumbags and hey y not fuck these peeps up to set an example at of them to others..

Do u guys no y they made acid in the first place?? The whole purpose behind it with hidden agendas??

• Upvote 1

Hyperactive peripheral vision.  Not so much a filtering problem as lack of proper coordination of the two different vision systems.  It also relates to being stuck in 'viligant' mode.

There are two completely different visual systems: Focal visual processing and Ambient visual processing.  Ambient is your peripheral vision and is where you 'feel' and notice movement.  It is very fast - faster then where you 'think' - and is a foundation of the other visual system.

I don't have problems with the nose ('inner' peripheral field) but the opposite, 'outside' peripheral field.  Such that movement in the far left or right actually causes pain - sort of like mild tooth pain.  Strong light in those areas is very bothersome.

• Upvote 1

When I had normal vision like a bright light would give u a after image of the object u where looking at which is a reflex from the intensity of it. Now objects that are remotely bright give afterimages which they never did so some where in that department it has became super sensitive or damaged from the psychedelic drugs.

• Upvote 1

it has became super sensitive or damaged from the psychedelic drugs.

So you think psychedelics can cause brain damage? There are doubts about this.

ODYSSEUS.. I didn't say brain damage I said damage in the department which causes a reflex to bright light naturally but mine causes a reflex to not so bright lights or reflections of light. I kno the difference because I use to have normal vision until my episode from Shroom Shronks and Acid..

Does anyone kno y and how the psychedelic drugs perform specifically into the audio, visual function of the brain. Like what is actually going on in terms of the horrible reactions that take place?? If we could figure that out then we would be on the right track..

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone kno y and how the psychedelic drugs perform specifically into the audio, visual function of the brain. Like what is actually going on in terms of the horrible reactions that take place?? If we could figure that out then we would be on the right track..

I remember watching these four videos a few years ago, I thought they were very helpful (though they do, perhaps, require some rudimentary knowledge of neurobiology). They give a good basic understanding of the MoA of the "classic" psychedelics (the 5HT2A-agonists).